Rate this topic

I was just recently diagnosed with celiacs disease. I was eating ground beef in a dish that I had made and got really really sick. Can you help me know the reason why. Can I eat beef? Or what is in there that might be causing me to get sick?

I was just recently diagnosed with celiacs disease. I was eating ground beef in a dish that I had made and got really really sick. Can you help me know the reason why. Can I eat beef? Or what is in there that might be causing me to get sick?

What were the other ingredients? Its also possible you are sensitive to something else, too. Could have gotten food poisoning. Let's check the ingredients first for clues.

It would be helpful for you to list the other ingredients. More than likely something else got you, but the possibility is still there.

Until you heal your insides (from removing all gluten) ALL foods can cause you discomfort, gluten or not.

It took me several months of diligence, and time to do some healing, to know what being "glutened" was all about. Or as, mentioned, it could be some cross contamination. But, if you were just diagnosed, I would go with the "I'm not healed" theory.

It's so very hard in the beginning to learn everything you need to know to stay healthy. It will take time. :)

I have been gluten free for 6 months now and the only type of meat I can tolerate is fish. I noticed even before I went off of gluten that my body just couldn't digest the stuff. I think the protein is too much for my gut.

Hopefully that is not it, but it could be. Check other ingred. first.

Was the dish a porous type? Scratches? Just another thought to add to the others..Protein can be hard to digest for many.....this one may be hard to pinpoint exactly what made you sick....

feel better soon