Mac55

First All Day Outing Today

Rate this topic

I took my kids to Boston today to meet up with a friend and her kids. We were gone most of the day, so that meant packing a lot of food! My original plans for the food I was going to make and bring fell through as the stores didn't have all the ingredients. Oh well, packed up enough stuff and we were on our way. A couple things struck me today. We ate at the cafe at the Aquarium and I looked around and everyone was eating chicken fingers and french fries and junk. Made me feel kind of good that my boys were getting something good for them. I also couldn't believe how little money I spent today, not eating out! Bonus was I got an iced coffee at Starbuck's, as I thought to bring along a little container of coconut milk! Anyway, all in all, it was a good day! PS-my 4-year-old brought me something he REALLY wanted (when we got home) and I said yes. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, it's gluten-free???" It was neat. That's the first time I'd heard him say that. :)

very cool. Thanks for sharing :D

That's great. I'm glad you enjoyed your time! I remember that I used to feel like I was stepping out into a different world(outside the safe, friendly one at home). Now our motto is "Have food, will travel." :) It's amazing how much you can save. We went to a festival recently and I was thinking about how much it would have cost if we had purchased stuff there-$$$$$. Bonus for us-we get good food and save money. Win-win!

Great to hear you had such a nice day! :D

"Chicken fingers, fries, and junk."

And that is the one reason why I am actually GLAD I was diagnosed celiac. It gave me an excuse to eat HEALTHY. While I still do like french fries from Red Robin from time to time, I eat SO much healthier now... I love it! Oh, I feel so good eating a salad or something along those lines when I see people eating greasy hamburgers and the like. That is a HUGE plus in my book. The random glutenings are terrible, but dang I'm happy about the health benefits of the diet!!

Also, very cute about your son. :P