BrownEyedGirl

New Here And Looking For Support

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum and thought I'd post and get some support. I tested negative for celiac several years ago, but I do have allergies/intolerances to casein and wheat. In the past, I've only had to limit my intake but after problems lately, I've decided to go casein and gluten-free.

I've gotten hives on-and-off for several years, and after allergy testing, it was discovered that casein and wheat were the culprits. I didn't have to completely eliminate the offenders though. I would just have to stop eating those items for a time, and then I was able to have small amounts of them for a while, until the hives started up again. This went on for, oh, about four years.

Last week, I started to break out again, only it was different and a lot more severe. I ended up having to go the ER, where I was diagnosed with allergic dermatitis. They have me on an allergy med and steroids currently. It hasn't worked that well so far. When I take the steroid at night, it's better when I wake up, until the point where I start eating. 10-20 minutes after eating, it starts getting worse.

Oh, and I've also been diagnosed with IBS and anemia.

Ahhhh. Eating what harms you is never good. Stick to that diet and you'll do great! Sorry to hear about it, though. Feel better soon!

Obviously you really should completely eliminate the offenders. I can't imagine who would tell you you didn't need to :o You are doing yourself harm :(

Thanks. I'm starting the gluten-free/CF diet today, so hopefully that works out well. The rash was a lot worse when I woke up today, so if it doesn't show improvement soon, I'll have to go back to the doctor.

I agree, never go back! LOL The cravings stop after a while and if you get into the positive aspect of learning to cook and bake for yourself it can be quit enlightening in the long run! My advise is to make some fun of it!