Shannonlass

Severe Bloating

Rate this topic

I am HUGELY bloated at the moment. I could pass for a pregnant woman. I have been following my gluten-free diet closely and this has just happened in the past 2-3 weeks. I haven't changed my diet or introduced any new foods so I don't know what is causing it. Has anyone experienced this?

if you eat ANY prepared foods, recheck the label....sometimes the contents change

I am HUGELY bloated at the moment. I could pass for a pregnant woman. I have been following my gluten-free diet closely and this has just happened in the past 2-3 weeks. I haven't changed my diet or introduced any new foods so I don't know what is causing it. Has anyone experienced this?

It could be something else in your diet -- pretty much has to be. :) Start cutting out other problem foods like dairy and soy and nuts, and see if that helps. I know how miserable that is, though...I feel for you!

It could be something else in your diet -- pretty much has to be. :) Start cutting out other problem foods like dairy and soy and nuts, and see if that helps. I know how miserable that is, though...I feel for you!

I know how you feel. I've been gluten-free about a year and a half now and now I know it is not normal to have a bloated belly. Check the ingredients in any vitamins or supplements you might be taking. It sure sounds to me like you are getting inadvertently glutened. Best.

I had this problem too until I went mostly raw with my food and cut out nearly all grains. I suggest simplifying your diet for awhile so it'll be easier to figure out what's setting you off.

Also- probiotics are your friend! Non-dairy yogurt, acidophilus, liquid chlorophyll, and or/ Komucha helps with digestion.

Best of luck!

Have you thought about cross contaimination...in your kitchen (counters, butter or margerine tubs?) It is going to take my husband and son awhile to understand that even alittle matters...Hopefully he will get it soon! He wanted us to stay in a resturant that had a continental breakfast!!!! uh duh honey! (newly diagnosed)

Have you thought about cross contaimination...in your kitchen (counters, butter or margerine tubs?) It is going to take my husband and son awhile to understand that even alittle matters...Hopefully he will get it soon! He wanted us to stay in a resturant that had a continental breakfast!!!! uh duh honey! (newly diagnosed)

you would be surprised my 6 yr old son has a good idea of the things that i am allowed to have. My husband goes on the hunt and brings my home gluten free things to try all the time. They are very understanding they make sure that they use their own butter. and we don't double dip in any containers when making sandwiches. It takes a little adjusting but it works. the hardest thing for me is all the prep that goes into making things.

good luck