magfan

Do I Understand This Correctly?

Rate this topic

Here are my results from Enterolab. Does it mean that I'm gluten sensitve and but that the gluten isn't creating a autoimmune response in my body? Does this mean I don't and won't have damage? I've already started a gluten-free diet, so I'm not questioning that, I know I have to do that becuase my gut is miserable. I'm just trying to understand. Thank all of you so much for the information. I've been reading here for a couple of weeks and it's been very helpful.

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 10 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA 3 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score Less than 300 Units (Normal Range is less than 300 Units)

gosh, i'd say if you are feeling better not eating gluten than you should definitely avoid it. i think its safe to say there is no 1 test that will give you definite results (in many cases) so you may want more testing. did you have a genetic test done? that could be helpful. and as you know from reading around here you need to be eating gluten not limiting or eliminating it from your diet for the most accurate results ... and unfortunately even then it could be tough to diagnose. i hope you get the answers you're looking for soon ... its a frustrating and disheartening journey but there is a ton of support here! :)

the first of the three is positive....

your anti-gliadin test is highish, and you might want to try the gluten free diet, totally gluten free, for a while. I assume you have some symptoms.

It might be enlightening to see if you have DQ2 or DQ8, the main celaic genes. In that case, if you have one of these genes, I would definitely try the diet, or have ordinayr blood tests done before the diet.