rain

Brown Rice Fast?

Rate this topic

Has anyone else done a brown rice fast? How did it go?

I am doing the fast now. I used to do it for asthma and it worked like a charm. I'm not so sure if it's working now, but I haven't been bloated today and it's been quite a while since that happened.

thanks for your thoughts.

If you find that brown rice bloats you, then maybe you can go off of it for awhile. Then challenge it and see if that really was the problem. There are people who have trouble with it. Maybe try white rice instead. I know it's no whole grain but it is easier to digest. Rice is in so many gluten free foods, you don't want to eliminate it unless you absolutely have to. It might be a matter of just cutting down. I can't eat very much brown rice, or very much of any starch at one meal really. I had too much brown rice pasta tonight and I feel so blah, bloated and uncomfortable. Overeating starches does not work for me.

If you find that brown rice bloats you, then maybe you can go off of it for awhile. Then challenge it and see if that really was the problem. There are people who have trouble with it. Maybe try white rice instead. I know it's no whole grain but it is easier to digest. Rice is in so many gluten free foods, you don't want to eliminate it unless you absolutely have to. It might be a matter of just cutting down. I can't eat very much brown rice, or very much of any starch at one meal really. I had too much brown rice pasta tonight and I feel so blah, bloated and uncomfortable. Overeating starches does not work for me.

They mean eating nothing but brown rice. I've heard of people doing it for other issues, but never for Celiac

Have you heard of fasts for celiac?

Because fasting (as a baseline before re-introducing foods) worked so well for asthma I'd like to do the same for celiac. It's nice because it makes it very clear what fits and what doesn't.

Incidentally, I feel heavy and weigh 2 pounds more than usual after one day.

If it works for you, then you most likely have allergies or intolerances or both. Consider an elimination/challenge diet. After only a very simple diet of a few foods that you know for sure you don't react to, add simple foods back one at a time every 3 days to a week and you may just be able to identify the food/foods that triggers your asthma etc. Also consider doing it under the supervision of an allergist who supports these kinds of things if you are concerned about a strong reaction.