Kim27

Need Help Deciphering Ingredients

Rate this topic

For all you that are pros at ingredient reading... Does anyone see any gluten issues with any of the following ingredients?:

Ingredients: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Pumice, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba, Cera Carnauba, Cire de carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tin Oxide, May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491/Cl 77492/Cl 77499).

I am trying to find out if Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Luminous Eyeshadows contain any gluten. I have about 20 of them and don't want throw them out if I don't have to! (newly diagnosed) I got a weird response from the company that said "Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that the product will not affect you because although the item does not contain

That statement is a standard legal disclaimer. No mainstream company will guarantee gluten-free status of any product. They are covering their @$$ in case they get a contaminated ingredient from one of their suppliers.

Hm, I gotta be honest -- I am nuts about my foundation and lip stuff not containing gluten, but I don't worry about my eye shadows. They aren't getting near my mouth. Not to mention, I can't imagine what they'd put in there with gluten, but hey, it's amazing what you can sneak wheat into, isn't it? I wouldn't worry over much UNLESS you get a skin reaction like DH when you are touching items with gluten in them. Wash your hands after you apply, and you should be fine.

Looks fine to me ;)

Speaking of sneaking wheat into things, I was going to make some tomato soup and one of the ingredients was wheat flour. I'm sure that's not necessary. :angry: