The Glutenator

Not #2, But #1

Rate this topic

I am wondering if anyone else has urinary frequency issues along with bowel problems. I get up at least 2 times a night to go pee, though I can't remember this before the onset of celiac symptoms. I don't know if it is actually a urinary thing, or because there is so much else going on in my body, I am not sleeping as deeply so just go to the washroom as "something to do" when drift out of sleep through the night. Any one else experience something similar?

Oh yes! This drives me bonkers. I was getting up 2-3 times per night. My doc recommended melatonin taken before bedtime. He said to take it the same time each night as it regulates your circadian rhythms and help slow down kidney function while we sleep. It helps but not consistently yet. I'm now up 1-2 times a night, which is better but not great. I also go a lot during the day usually a couple of hours after lunch. Between the hours of 3-5 I need to go about every 20 - 30 minutes.

This has been a problem for me too, for years before diagnosis, and now when glutened. It helped to drink cranberry juice every day. You might want to get tested for a urinary tract infection. That can lead to frequency of urination. Before I started with the cranberry juice, I got infections frequently.

Funny, since going gluten-free, I have noticed that I "void" a lot, but to me it feels like healthier, like how I used to be....plus, I told myself it's because I'm losing weight :P

I go alot, too. I think mine is becouse I dring so much water. I mean, really all day. I also keep a glass by my bed to sip at night. I have Sjorgen's (sp) and that makes my mouth dry, so I drink... then I wee and start all overe.

I've had a lot of trouble with this (frequency) and can't remember at all when it started, unfortunately. I know that a few years ago it wasn't like this and I've been diagnosed almost five years now. I have had infections before, but that's not the case now nor has it been for at least a couple of years. It's worse when I'm under a lot of stress.

I don't think it a "uti", but it is interesting to hear others with the same problem! I still wonder whether it is celiac related...hmm.

I don't think it a "uti", but it is interesting to hear others with the same problem! I still wonder whether it is celiac related...hmm.

My body will freak out and make me wee every 15 minutes for a few hours(and I mean WEE, full 60 seconds) if I let my body temp get too low for too long. Also sometimes does it when I nap during the day. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night without peeing. But I'm usually only up once. I consider that a minor inconvenience compared to the way I used to have to get up and eat during the night.

My body will freak out and make me wee every 15 minutes for a few hours(and I mean WEE, full 60 seconds) if I let my body temp get too low for too long. Also sometimes does it when I nap during the day. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night without peeing. But I'm usually only up once. I consider that a minor inconvenience compared to the way I used to have to get up and eat during the night.

If temperature is an issue, have you tried placing a folded blanket between the bed sheets at the foot of the bed and sleeping with your feet inserted into the folded blanket? Probably not much use now but maybe worth a try next winter.

If temperature is an issue, have you tried placing a folded blanket between the bed sheets at the foot of the bed and sleeping with your feet inserted into the folded blanket? Probably not much use now but maybe worth a try next winter.

Oh, no, I mean COLD. Like, shivering naked outside in February cold, not lightly chilled by a lack of blankets. Doesn't happen often, because I don't really like it. But on the rare occasion I don't pay enough attention to my comfort level, I'll get quite chilled while wrapped up in some activity and there goes the super wee.