SMayberryScott

I Need To Find A Celiac Doctor!

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed January 20th, 2010 with Celiac disease after a positive biopsy result. The follow-up visit to the biopsy was with a RN who gave me a three page pamphlet on Celiac and sent me on my way. If it weren't for the internet, and more specifically this particular website, I would have been utterly lost as to how to navigate in a gluten-filled world while trying to become gluten-free. Long story short, February I found out we were expecting our first child. I would like to find a doctor who knows more about the disease and can help me as I try to get healthy and keep my baby healthy. I live in a small town in Arkansas--Jonesboro. It is about an hour from Memphis, TN, however, and I feel that is my best bet to find a good doctor. So if anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful! The doctors around here mean well, but are very uneducated on the topic.

Congrats on the baby! Have you talked to your OB. My OB/GYN and her nurse practitioner are the ones whoinsistedmy PCP test for Celiac. I live in Kansas so they are a bit of a haul when you go into labor. :)

I am also looking for a doctor that knows more than what they read in the papers about Celiac.I was diagnosed May 2009 and the docotor abandonded me due to an insurance issue. The internet has been my main source for information. And sometimes it is too overwhelming

I live in Prescott, AZ but close enough to PHX to go to a doctor there.

I have developed new food issues..like dairy, potatoes, corn. I am so tired of being sick. Also, I experienced a 20 lb weight gain after the diagnosis I cannot seem to budge.

I am just looking for a doctor, nutrientist or somebody to hear me!!!

Any fellow AZ people put there???

Cossandy

Congrats on the baby! Have you talked to your OB. My OB/GYN and her nurse practitioner are the ones whoinsistedmy PCP test for Celiac. I live in Kansas so they are a bit of a haul when you go into labor. :)

No, I have not really asked my OB about it, but I go back in Wednesday for a regular appointment, so I can bring it up then. Thanks for the advice!