Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haleym

Inflammatory Foods

Hello everyone. Today I woke up and noticed that my thoracic spine/neck feel inflamed and it is kinda freaking me out. That's never really happened to me before and I am wondering if any of you have ever experienced this kind of thing? I've heard that certain foods have inflammatory properties and should be avoided by people who have inflammation issues. Does anyone know of any good resources/books/tips about this?

I *may* have gotten glutenized yesterday at a restaurant because I also have some of the familiar GI sx today as well. But ive never gotten a wierd inflammation reaction like that!

*sigh of frustration* this is SO hard!

Thanks for any ideas y'all might have :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What do you mean by "feel inflamed"? Hot, achy, painful, irritated....?? It could be a gluten reaction, I don't know. Nightshades are considered to be highly inflammatory foods so if you have been overdoing tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes..... Again, I don't know.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

What do you mean by "feel inflamed"? Hot, achy, painful, irritated....?? It could be a gluten reaction, I don't know. Nightshades are considered to be highly inflammatory foods so if you have been overdoing tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes..... Again, I don't know.

Mostly irritated/hot feeling... ice gives relief. Hmmm... have not gone nuts on the nightshades but I will check that out. Thanks!

Corn will do it for me. Not an allergy, it just messes me up, big time.

I actually just had my entire neck and shoulders kink up to the point I couldn't turn my head or straighten up completely because I got medication with corn in it. Perhaps for you as well?

Mostly irritated/hot feeling... ice gives relief. Hmmm... have not gone nuts on the nightshades but I will check that out. Thanks!

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive