Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amwilkes

Gluten-Free Hair Dyehair

i need help with finding a company that sells hair coloring.,..preferably a national brand such as L'oreal,etc. My hair

used to be thick and full, now very thin and grey. I am assuming it is from malnutrition since my doctors cannot tell me

otherwise. This is very frustrating to me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Before going wheat-free, I had bad hair loss, and like you, the quality of my hair had deteriorated as well. It was really important that I switched to wheat-free hair products.

My dermatologists suggested against using any kind of hair coloring on my hair, because the harsh chemicals in hair dye products will only add to the hair's damage.

That said, I don't know about any brand name products, but I personally use an all natural henna product and I've never had a problem with it. I get it from a local Indian grocery store. It works really well at coloring my hair too, and doesn't wash out after a few weeks like some of the name brands do.

Hope that helped, and best of luck!

i need help with finding a company that sells hair coloring.,..preferably a national brand such as L'oreal,etc. My hair

used to be thick and full, now very thin and grey. I am assuming it is from malnutrition since my doctors cannot tell me

otherwise. This is very frustrating to me.

I like Ferea by Loreal. The last I used it, it was gluten-free.

Any gluten is likely to be in the conditioner--read through the ingredients to be safe, whichever brand you choose. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev