Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here know of a natural (I really don't care for clay) clumping litter that's gluten-free? OK, I know that S'wheat's scoop is out, for obvious reasons, and my kitties really don't like the pine litters (like Feline Pine). I'm currently trying Arm and Hammer's corn based more natural litter, but idk if it's the right choice for my house. It seems to track a lot and the clumping isn't very firm. I have four indoor only kitties, and everyone is happier with clumping litter, the other stuff frustrated all of us, and the odor control was nonexistent.

Sorry if this seems to ramble, I'm struggling with a migraine, and I know not everything I'm saying verbally isn't always clear, let alone what I'm typing.

Thanks for your ideas!

"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/I count my blessings instead of sheep/And I fall asleep counting my blessings"- Bing Crosby, White Christmas

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We have three cats at home, and use World's Best Cat Litter Multicat. It is made from corn, clumps very well, and does not track as much as clumping clay. The odor control is pretty good. I know a fair bit about cat litter (my business is pet food and supplies), and nothing is completely track-free.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Oh, I know they all track some, but when the litter bits are a full 20 feet away, past the litter mats I have to help stop tracking, it bothers me some. Thanks for your recommendation, I've seen the info about it, but it's always good to ask someone else who actually has cats about what they use.

"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/I count my blessings instead of sheep/And I fall asleep counting my blessings"- Bing Crosby, White Christmas

I use the green container from Costco. It's cheap, hard clumping and really keeps the odor down. She doesn't track it, but she does sometimes bail some over the side of the box.

We have four cats and I've found Dr. Elsey's to be the least dusty of the clay clumping litters. They refused Feline Pine and I heard horror stories about the newsprint one. Corn is out . . the last thing we need is grain sitting around to attract bugs here in south Florida.

This stuff makes very solid clumps with virtually no odor if scooped daily . . .

Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra Scooping Litter

Beth in Florida

Gluten-free since 7/19/08

Alcohol free since 6/28/10