Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runningcrazy

I Think I Might Have Been Glutened For The First Time

Ive been gluten free for a year and im sure ive accidently got a little here or there, but yesterday my sister made regular carrot cake with wheat flour and so i made brownies from the "cravings place" mix(anyone ever reacted?) but it was probably the fact that I made something right after my sister did, and it probably was contaminated because of it.

I got an immediate headache(Which i used to get daily when i ate gluten) but i didnt get a stomach ache(and a baaad one, like i used to get) until about 24 hours later. Is it normal for such a late reaction??

And im guessing the answer is no, but just incase, has anyone had a reaction to "the cravings place" mixes? probably not, they are made in a gluten/nut/dairy/wheat/egg/bean free facility!! im dairy free too.

'You can't start building a better tomorrow if you wait until tomorrow to start building'

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know anything about the product in question, but reaction times vary widely. Some of us react immediately, but delayed reactions are common. I take 12 to 24 hours to respond to gluten and then have about a week of visible symptoms.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

I don't know anything about the product in question, but reaction times vary widely. Some of us react immediately, but delayed reactions are common. I take 12 to 24 hours to respond to gluten and then have about a week of visible symptoms.

Thanks! Thats good to know!

'You can't start building a better tomorrow if you wait until tomorrow to start building'