Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sherrylynn

Results Of My Test

Doc said the results came back as not celiac. My Vit D was only 13.5 and the normal is around 32 to 100. Been on the gluten free diet for 9 days now and my "D" is kinda gone. I only go 1 time a day now and it is still soft and unformed. He saie I could still have Celiac but didn't eat enough gluten to show up on test, or it could be in early stage and not have enough antibody's to show up on test.

He said he thought the leg cramps and bone pain was from being so low on Vit D and because of that could not absorb calcium and magnesium so I am now taking 50,000 mg of vit D every other day for 2 weeks then 1 tab of 50,000 once a week after that. I am also on magnesium 4 pills a day for the muscle cramps.

I told him I am going to stay on the diet because I feel better on it. and I have lost 4 pounds in 9 days on this diet. I stopped taking the Bentyl because I started to get constipated from it and the diet is working.

My A1c was very bad and he is going to retest that in 4 months. It was 6.0 the range for diebeties is 6.4 and up. so he said to not eat any gluten, rice potatoes and to stick to just fruits vegtables and meat.

my cholestol was very bad too. my hdl was only 39 and my ldl was 109 so I have to work on that going down too.

what I don't understand is, if my "D" was caused by a low vit D then why did my "D" start to go away from this diet?

So now I don't know, Do I have celiac or not.

What what do you all think?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think your wise to stay on the diet. I don't think low vit D can cause diarrhea so I think it is your diet change that is relieving that. Your A1c may also normalize after you have been on the diet for a bit. Being sick can raise the blood sugar levels but do keep an eye on it.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

You have what's called non-celiac gluten intolerance. As your doctor says, it may be subclinical celiac disease since your D is so low. It's probably a good idea to stay gluten-free.

yes, ditto and ditto.

also, i recently read a study where celiacs or gluten intolerant patients had their cholesterol retested after being on a gluten free diet. it seemed as though being gluten free for some time may have raised their HDL, and lowered their Triglycerides. but had no effect on their LDL.

forgot where i read it. i was a little perturbed, cause my HDL & Triglycerides are great... its my LDL that i need to lower. ???

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

:) Thank you guys, you made me feel a little better. I am sooo depressed right now and tired. I wish I didn't have to be on this diet. But I will continue because maybe I will feel better about it in the long run.

I guess I need to get some good recipes for meat and veggies. I am not a good cook right now and my food is soooo boring. :rolleyes:

Why don't you start out with some stew recipes now that fall is coming on. You can make delicious dishes with chicken and beef with root veggies, onions, mushrooms, greens, some gluten-free chicken or beef stock, oodles of recipes on the web and most of them are gluten free. You can thicken with potato, gluten free flour or cornstarch. And the good part about stews is that you can make a big pot with plenty of leftovers for other dinners or to take for lunch if you have a microwave. :)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Why don't you start out with some stew recipes now that fall is coming on. You can make delicious dishes with chicken and beef with root veggies, onions, mushrooms, greens, some gluten-free chicken or beef stock, oodles of recipes on the web and most of them are gluten free. You can thicken with potato, gluten free flour or cornstarch. And the good part about stews is that you can make a big pot with plenty of leftovers for other dinners or to take for lunch if you have a microwave. :)

:D Hey! thank you mushroom! I didn't even think about stews. That sounds like a good idea and will save me money too. I am good with roast and stuff, just have to leave out the corn and potatoes. Really am going to miss those. but maybe after my blood sugar get better I can have potatoes again but think I am going to keep away from corn as much as possible.

I like to saute chicken breasts in olive oil, flavored with salt, pepper, marjoram, basil, and rosemary. Also, there are many gluten-free barbecue sauces so you can bake, broil, grill or crockpot meat with BBQ sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's is my favorite gluten-free sauce. Or cook steak with a little Lea & Perrins worchestershire (gluten-free). Also you can never go wrong with salt, pepper, onions, and garlic. :)