Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K8ling

Guys! I Made It!

I made it! I am alive and well! I survived a week with the grandparent in laws!!!!! No glutenings, no food issues, no "Oh you can eat that!"

It was... Bliss....

We even got snowed in (15"!) and my husbands grandmother checked all the seasonings on the chili and then made me something different when she saw I couldn't eat it!!!

There is hope out there. It made me so much more relaxed.

Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Great news!!!! Nice to have you back :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Nice to know you survived both the relatives and the snow. :)

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Navan AND TJ's!! I shipped some 2 buck chuck home!

It was heaven. They have a mini kitchen in the laundry room and they let me put all my food in there and prep it in there, it worked so well. No pressure, and grandma went to Navan with me and was laughing at me when I loaded up my cart. I tried some lentil chips and they were SO GOOD!!!

It was awesome. So so awesome.

Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Navan AND TJ's!! I shipped some 2 buck chuck home!

It was heaven. They have a mini kitchen in the laundry room and they let me put all my food in there and prep it in there, it worked so well. No pressure, and grandma went to Navan with me and was laughing at me when I loaded up my cart. I tried some lentil chips and they were SO GOOD!!!

It was awesome. So so awesome.

Sounds like you had a great time! I was like that too the first time I went to Navan. I didn't discover it until abotu six months into my diagnosis and I was struggling to find stuff before that (having to go to several stores, etc). It was so hard to choose things I wanted to try, I wanted to try it ALL, lol. I'm so glad you had a successful (and fun) trip.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Fantastic, great news :) Thanks for letting us know how it went!

Feb 2010 - Start of continuous GIT problems and panic attacks

July 2010 - Blood and biopsy -ve, went gluten free after testing which completely relieved symptoms

July 2011 - 1 year gluten free, food intolerances (Chicken, eggs, olives, goat milk) gone!

2012 - Soy no longer a problem

Gluten intolerant