Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use mostly the Garneir Nutritioneste line for hair and skin care. I have used Giovanni hair care in the past but had to stop when I realized I had issues with soy. I haven't checked their skin care. I tried California Baby, ordered some shampoo and conditioner on line but I didn't care for them. Not a gluten issue just not the stuff for me.

Recently my local health food store has gotten some stuff called Himalaya brand. I tried the conditioner and it smells heavenly. The bottle is really stiff though and I had such trouble getting it out of the bottle I haven't bought it again.

I have also used Suave products with no issues when the budget is lean. Suave and Dove will both clearly label gluten ingredients.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I have also used Suave products with no issues when the budget is lean. Suave and Dove will both clearly label gluten ingredients.

I also use Suave products...not necessarily because my budget is lean but rather because I am cheap! laugh.gif I used to be a product snob but now I just want clean hair and frankly, I can't tell the difference.

I also like Soft Soap and use it in my shower as well as at my sinks in the bathrooms and kitchen. I ditched my Bath & Body Works products.

ETA: I bought some Garnier mousse yesterday...hope I like it!

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

I too have used Suave when I didn't feel like shelling out for the good stuff, but I have a HUGE issue with paying money for ingredients I can't pronounce or don't know the sources of. I'm not washing my hair with something that contains the same chemicals as furniture stripper. So when I can, I get Shikai shampoo and conditioner. I get my soaps from a little Mennonite herbalist near me who hand-makes them. :)

Celiac diagnosed October-November 2010 (blood test negative, biopsy inconclusive after gluten-free for 6 weeks, miraculous diet results).

October 2010: Gluten free.

November 2010: No HFCS or artificial sweeteners.

March 2011: Gradually fading out soy.

Dove, Bath and Body Works, Vaseline cocoa butter lotion, Neutragena makeup

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Dessert Essence Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash.

Herban Cowboy bar soap (And shaving stuff for my husband)

Dove for men (to get the grit out of said husbands hands)

Sun and Earth hand soap,

Mrs. Meyers and Biokleen dish soap,

Maggie's Soap Nuts for laundry<----these work GREAT by the way. And they literally grow on trees!

Keys Hand Lotion

Kamalas Funkadelic Perfume (All essential oils)

Tom's of Maine toothpaste and floss

Stayfree Maxis

The less chemicals the better as a rule!

Grain Free

Casein Free

Soy Free

Refined Sugar Free

Preservative Free

Free Range

Free Willy

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...

...dang...there goes chocolate... :bawl: