BethM55

Maltodextrin?

Rate this topic

I know this information is somewhere on this site, but I can't find it. Is maltodextrin safe?

Specifically, I use Stevia in the Raw for sweetening tea, mostly. The packets contain dextrose and stevia, but the larger package of 'measureable' product contains maltodextrin and stevia. Hmmmm. The taste is similar, but the larger package is more economical.

So. Is maltodextrin ok?

Thank you!!

Yes it's safe here in the U.S. unless it states otherwise (i.e., wheat cannot be hidden and must be declared in the list of ingredients).

Yes it's safe here in the U.S. unless it states otherwise (i.e., wheat cannot be hidden and must be declared in the list of ingredients).

Thank you, Sylvia. That's what I thought, and it's good to know.

It may be a moot issue with this product, though, because as I'm drinking my tea this morning, there's an after taste I'm not liking. humph. I guess I'll go back to the packets.

You're welcome, Beth. Personally I dislike artificial sweeteners of any kind because they always leave an aftertaste.

I know this information is somewhere on this site, but I can't find it. Is maltodextrin safe?

Specifically, I use Stevia in the Raw for sweetening tea, mostly. The packets contain dextrose and stevia, but the larger package of 'measureable' product contains maltodextrin and stevia. Hmmmm. The taste is similar, but the larger package is more economical.

So. Is maltodextrin ok?

Thank you!!

it's safe because it's from corn. has no gluten. i THINK overseas- like in europe (not sure about canada)- but in other countries- it COULD be from wheat.

i, like some people, get gluten like symptoms from corn- BUT if i keep my corn byproducts to a bare minimum im ok. (cause u cant escape it- it's in medication too). anyways. i use Truvia and cant remember if there's any dextrose in it.

it's safe because it's from corn. has no gluten. i THINK overseas- like in europe (not sure about canada)- but in other countries- it COULD be from wheat.

i, like some people, get gluten like symptoms from corn- BUT if i keep my corn byproducts to a bare minimum im ok. (cause u cant escape it- it's in medication too). anyways. i use Truvia and cant remember if there's any dextrose in it.

This is good info. Thank you!