scottyg354

One Last Question...sorry Guys

Rate this topic

The more I read this forum the more I'm starting to wonder. I have now also read a few post's that say tremors/seizures are a symptoms of Celiac.

Besides all the basics: Diarrhea, Constipatoin, Ribbon Stool, Bloating, Gas (Foul), Fatigue, Anxiety, Irritability, Brain Fog, Odd Pains.

I also noticed that over the past few years, I would wake up at night or in the morning with my whole body tremoring or shaking. I am wondering if anyone had ever had this happen before. I am hypothyroid but before diagnosis I thought I was diabetic.

For me the trembling was a constant for a few years before diagnosis. One idiot doctor even thought I was an alcoholic because of it. I wasn't.

For me the trembling was a constant for a few years before diagnosis. One idiot doctor even thought I was an alcoholic because of it. I wasn't.

Well there has to be something going on. My dad and his mom were Type 2 Diabetics,mom's dad was Type 2 who turned type 1, Mom and Both her Parents were Hypothyroid. I have an aunt with Lupus. So as you can see Autoimmune Disorders are definetely common in my family.

The more I read this forum the more I'm starting to wonder. I have now also read a few post's that say tremors/seizures are a symptoms of Celiac.

Besides all the basics: Diarrhea, Constipatoin, Ribbon Stool, Bloating, Gas (Foul), Fatigue, Anxiety, Irritability, Brain Fog, Odd Pains.

I also noticed that over the past few years, I would wake up at night or in the morning with my whole body tremoring or shaking. I am wondering if anyone had ever had this happen before. I am hypothyroid but before diagnosis I thought I was diabetic.

I was waking up in the night thinking that my bed was shaking(not sure if that is the same feeling you had), but it took me a while to realize that it was me shaking. My blood tests came back neg for celiac, however, I have continued with gluten free and it has not happened again. many other things have improved as well. So I now think that I am non celiac gluten intolerant.

I was waking up in the night thinking that my bed was shaking(not sure if that is the same feeling you had), but it took me a while to realize that it was me shaking. My blood tests came back neg for celiac, however, I have continued with gluten free and it has not happened again. many other things have improved as well. So I now think that I am non celiac gluten intolerant.

Yes, its not like a painful feeling. Just that you can't stop shaking. Very fast shakes. Then when you sit up you realize its not the bed but your whole body. It can really scare ya. I can tell you that much. From what I've been reading on here, the blood tests aren't always acurate.

Celiac disease can cause damage to the small intestine causing ma;l-absorption of nutrients. Lack of certain vitamins can do nasty things to a body. Nerve damage is one of them. Some people take b-vitamins, especially b-12 to help with nerve problems. There are also other vitamins that you could be low on. Doctors can have your blood tested for vitamin deficiencies. Not a bad thing to do.

Celiac disease can cause damage to the small intestine causing ma;l-absorption of nutrients. Lack of certain vitamins can do nasty things to a body. Nerve damage is one of them. Some people take b-vitamins, especially b-12 to help with nerve problems. There are also other vitamins that you could be low on. Doctors can have your blood tested for vitamin deficiencies. Not a bad thing to do.

I know I was tested for B-12 and I believe Folate, both of which were good. Only that came up odd on my last blood test was my MCHC .2 (32.9) below the range. Everything else was smack dab in the middle of the range.

I know I was tested for B-12 and I believe Folate, both of which were good. Only that came up odd on my last blood test was my MCHC .2 (32.9) below the range. Everything else was smack dab in the middle of the range.

Be aware that if you are taking a vitamin with folate that can cause the B12 to read higher than it really is. B12 is a water soluable vitamin so it is very hard to take too much. You might want to try a sublingual B12 for a bit and see if it makes a difference in the nerve issues.

If the Vit B12 level was less than 500, SUPPLEMENT

• Upvote 1

what is MCHC????

I was also accused of being alcoholic due to temors and shaking.

I don't drink at all. When I said that, they thought I was lying and I got the lecture anyway. :blink:

It has all subsided on going gluten free but it took a while.