Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scottyg354

My Gluten Free Diet

I think I actually might have had my first little bit of withdrawl last night. Couldn't sleep for the life of me. Finally feel asleep at 2 am. Also woke up around 3am shaky and clammy. Stomach was a little burny yesterday and today.

02-15-11

Breakfast

Gluten Free Cereal

Almond Milk

Banana

Snack

Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar

Lunch

1 avocado

6 walnuts

6 grape tomatoes

1apricot

Snack

Cashew cookie Larabar

Dinner

Lean steak and Shrimp

Mixed mushrooms and peppers w/garlic Sauteed in olive oil

Physical

Not to bad today had some extra energy, still gas and noisy with some cramping. Definitely over did it with the fiber today, paying for that now.

02-15-11

Almond Milk

Physical

Not to bad today had some extra energy, still gas and noisy with some cramping. Definitely over did it with the fiber today, paying for that now.

How was the almond milk with your cereal?

Diet Today

Breakfast

Banana

Mango Orange Naked Smoothie

Snack

Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar

Lunch

Bacon

Apricot

Dinner

BBQ Chicken (using Sweet Baby Rays)

Quinoa with sea salt and olive oil

Physical Today:

Extremely gassy from all the fiber yesterday also had some D due to that. Otherwise everything was ok

Haha. No I'm reporting from the day before. I figured it at roughly 32 grams of fiber. The effects carried over to the next day. 32 grams is a little much I would think for someone who probably ate about less than 10 grams daily for his whole life.

Haha. No I'm reporting from the day before. I figured it at roughly 32 grams of fiber. The effects carried over to the next day. 32 grams is a little much I would think for someone who probably ate about less than 10 grams daily for his whole life.

Are you drinking the protein zone smoothies? They contain both soy and dairy and may not be tolerated by you right now.

Can you make your own smoothies for now? If you can that might be a good thing to do.

Are you drinking the protein zone smoothies? They contain both soy and dairy and may not be tolerated by you right now.

Can you make your own smoothies for now? If you can that might be a good thing to do.

I've only been doing the ones that are vegan, gluten, soy and dairy free. Ex. Blue Machin, Might Mango, Mango Orange. I was in love with the Green Machine but it contains wheat and barley grass so that ends that. lol.

I do juice my own juices as well. too. Love my bullet express!

I've only been doing the ones that are vegan, gluten, soy and dairy free. Ex. Blue Machin, Might Mango, Mango Orange. I was in love with the Green Machine but it contains wheat and barley grass so that ends that. lol.

I do juice my own juices as well. too. Love my bullet express!

Good your skipping the ones with soy and dairy. I've got one of the bullet things too and we liked it so much I had to give mine to my son when he moved and get another one.

Good your skipping the ones with soy and dairy. I've got one of the bullet things too and we liked it so much I had to give mine to my son when he moved and get another one.

Out of curiousity you would know who makes Gluten Free Lip Balms. I've been using the ones with wheat germ not realizing it and they have been drying my lips out (i think).

I've been using Blistex Medicated Lip Balm (in the blue-green tube) and also Neosporin Lip Health

Thanks for the recomendation!

Killer about this whole deal is i've been using the same lipbalm for years, and it works well, but recently it stopped working and wound up making my lips dry and cracking. This ever happen to anyone?

Thanks for the recomendation!

Killer about this whole deal is i've been using the same lipbalm for years, and it works well, but recently it stopped working and wound up making my lips dry and cracking. This ever happen to anyone?

You're welcome! It seems like I always have chapped lips in the winter (and it's winter where I live...a little reprieve today when it's supposed to be balmy with temps around 60

LOL. It always winter were I live. Northeast PA. We have Early Winter, Mid Winter, Late Winter and Roadwork.

South Central PA here (almost on the MD border). YES!!! And roadwork whenever the weather is fit. And sometimes when it's not even fit. lol

South Central PA here (almost on the MD border). YES!!! And roadwork whenever the weather is fit. And sometimes when it's not even fit. lol

I agree though, for Febuary I'm not complaining about 55 degrees today and tommorow.

Haha, I am familiar with that roadwork season in the Sierra too, but somehow it never shows on the calendars - they seem to call it some funny name like summer :blink:

Out of curiousity you would know who makes Gluten Free Lip Balms. I've been using the ones with wheat germ not realizing it and they have been drying my lips out (i think).

One of my website clients sells one http://www.purebliss.tv/details.php?prodId=97&category=13&secondary=&keywords= She's in Australia but the manufacturer is in the U.S. I bet you can buy it in the U.S. or online through the manufacturer.

Cool I'll have to check it out. How's the diet going Nancy?

Don't judge my web designer skills based on that website! LOL We're reworking it. I hope that lip balm helps (I never use lip balm, I live in Texas!). I know it's vegan and gluten free. Diet is going fine. :) I'm not starving anyway! LOL I realized I don't have enough gluten free food in this house so I've been doing some ordering online. I must eat more than apples, bananas and tuna :P

• Forum Discussions

Mistakes can set you back.  Remember, celiac disease is an autoimmune response.  Once triggered, it can go off for days, weeks or months.  Like my family member who has MS.  She would have severe flares that would last for six weeks or mor...
    Apart from a couple of mistakes I’ve been gluten free for a month now.  I still have issues with digestion.  Pain in my abdomen (like there is a blockage ) if I eat a big meal.  Small meals are fine, and I still get excessive wind and nause...
    No I dont take any medicines.