This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Finally Cleaning The House

healinginprogress

healinginprogress Enthusiast

I've pretty much been cleaning for the last two days straight...which normally would sound AWFUL, but I am so happy!!! I haven't cleaned (like REALLY cleaned, only bare necessities) in SOOOOO long because I've been too tired and/or too sick, that I have just been doing what I need to survive. But I'm on...day 3 I think (?) of the elimination diet...okay, memory still sucks LOL...and the past two days I have felt pretty great :D Seriously, I want to sleep in my bathroom it's so clean LOL

I don't want to speak so soon, but I'm excited. I'm also starting to understand some of the frustration I've read from other posters about not getting diagnosed sooner...those feelings of missing out or wasting time because I've just been sick, when maybe all I needed to do was cut out some foods??! It seems so crazy. I think I'm younger than some people being diagnosed, but still upsetting, seems like "lost time".

Anyways, I just wanted to share some GOOD news finally, because I was in a very dark place merely days ago.

**thanks for all the support :) I'm gonna keep at it, if I feel good again tomorrow, then I think I will try reintroducing soy on Tuesday!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

srall Contributor

That's great. Cleaning my house and being happy about it was one of the first clues that I really had been far less than normal for many years. I hope you continue to feel better. Good luck with soy. I don't think I'm getting that one back.

dilettantesteph Collaborator

Me too. I was sick for so many years that I still have stuff to catch up on. Lots of cleaning, reading, and going through papers. Initially I kept having set backs as I would have problems figuring out my diet and sensitivity level. It's getting better and better and the house is getting cleaner and cleaner. I hate housework, but love a clean house.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Having energy when we haven't had it in so long is a wonderful feeling. Glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope it continues.

notme Experienced

That's great. Cleaning my house and being happy about it was one of the first clues that I really had been far less than normal for many years. I hope you continue to feel better. Good luck with soy. I don't think I'm getting that one back.

omgosh, spring cleaning is taking on a whole new meaning :) yes, i DO feel like moving that stove and cleaning behind it!! yes, i think i WILL rearrange my spices (and throw out a bunch of crap i have been tripping over for years) all these things i have been putting off for a very long time. we bought this old house (victorian built 1896) and i have been dragging my feet...

(and i think i'm in the same soy boat) oh, well, i have cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!! :D

srall Contributor

omgosh, spring cleaning is taking on a whole new meaning :) yes, i DO feel like moving that stove and cleaning behind it!! yes, i think i WILL rearrange my spices (and throw out a bunch of crap i have been tripping over for years) all these things i have been putting off for a very long time. we bought this old house (victorian built 1896) and i have been dragging my feet...

(and i think i'm in the same soy boat) oh, well, i have cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!! :D

Hey...no gloating about the cheese. :-(

notme Experienced

Hey...no gloating about the cheese. :-(

sorry :( my bad :( alot of dairy still bothers me but it has to do with the lactose - stuff without milk sugars (or less) i can eat. have you tried lactaid milk? i still have to pay attention and some cheese makes me sick/bloated/etc for no apparent reason.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hockeymomofceliacchild Rookie

I've pretty much been cleaning for the last two days straight...which normally would sound AWFUL, but I am so happy!!! I haven't cleaned (like REALLY cleaned, only bare necessities) in SOOOOO long because I've been too tired and/or too sick, that I have just been doing what I need to survive. But I'm on...day 3 I think (?) of the elimination diet...okay, memory still sucks LOL...and the past two days I have felt pretty great :D Seriously, I want to sleep in my bathroom it's so clean LOL

I don't want to speak so soon, but I'm excited. I'm also starting to understand some of the frustration I've read from other posters about not getting diagnosed sooner...those feelings of missing out or wasting time because I've just been sick, when maybe all I needed to do was cut out some foods??! It seems so crazy. I think I'm younger than some people being diagnosed, but still upsetting, seems like "lost time".

Anyways, I just wanted to share some GOOD news finally, because I was in a very dark place merely days ago.

**thanks for all the support :) I'm gonna keep at it, if I feel good again tomorrow, then I think I will try reintroducing soy on Tuesday!

My test results aren't in yet but it will certainly be interesting if I test positive. Since my son was diagnosed I've done lots of reading and wow it would certainly explain some things in my life. I haven't had any real energy for so long...My house looks like a cyclone hit it and is bringin me down. Hmm..so if I don't have celiac what can I blame it on? ...working full time and three kids ;)

I'm glad to hear it is going well for you :) It must be a wonderful feeling both physically and mentally to declutter and clean. I know when my house is clean I sit back and just look at my clean house and sigh...I wonder when my family will clue into the fact that a clean house means a happy mom? :P

Fire Fairy Enthusiast

I cleaned my house when I got my energy back too. :) I found a stack of mail that had dates going back two years sitting in a spot where I'd placed it until I felt like sorting it!

Glad you're feeling better. :) Keep up the good work.

PS I hope it goes well with the soy.

catsmeow Contributor

I'm so happy for you! I feel the same way....I have energy and I want to clean. Loving the good health, but hating the diet.....

Archived