K8Hanna

Afraid Of 6Th Miscarriage

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

I was just officially diagnosed today with a severe case of Celiac via a biopsy... I am 24 years old and I have miscarried 5 times, thankfully God blessed my husband and I with a miracle baby girl 15 months ago. We are ready to start trying for another but I am terrified of having a 6th miscarriage! I was wondering if anyone knows how long I should be gluten-free before trying to concieve?

I waited a year, my son is now 2 1/2 and I am pregnant now. I too had a series of miscarriages and this baby seems totally fine so far :)

I think you should wait until you are getting your nutrients. You should get your iron, ferritin, b12. d & calcium checked. I wouldn't try to get pregnant until those are normal.

I think I'd wait until a blood test and endoscopy came back clean.

I agree--get those nutrients up! Vitamin D, calcium, iron, and folic acid are essential to a baby's health. My mother's celiac was triggered when she had an appendectomy when she was five months' pregnant with me. I was born with Rickets--probably due to low levels of Vitamin D and calcium in my mother. I'm sure you wouldn't want this to happen to your baby.

Thank you all for the responces... It is upsetting that we will have to wait so long. But I do understand the importance of waiting. :(