PMC

Symptom Question

Rate this topic

Has anyone had itching without a rash? I have noticed a lot of itching mostly on the back of my neck for a couple of months now and more recently near my ears and on my neck below the ears, but never have a rash, once in awhile I will get a bump but seems to go away pretty quickly. All of my symptoms seem pretty mild in comparison to many of you but I seem to have mild symptoms of all three areas digestive, skin and neurological. I'm waiting on biopsy results but received a weakly positive blood test.

Has anyone had itching without a rash? I have noticed a lot of itching mostly on the back of my neck for a couple of months now and more recently near my ears and on my neck below the ears, but never have a rash, once in awhile I will get a bump but seems to go away pretty quickly. All of my symptoms seem pretty mild in comparison to many of you but I seem to have mild symptoms of all three areas digestive, skin and neurological. I'm waiting on biopsy results but received a weakly positive blood test.

Itching is always my first reaction when I accidentally ingest something with gluten. I itch all over without any visible rash. I do however get a couple pimple like bumps here and there, which I never experienced before going gluten free. Actually, I only remember having the itching issue once before going gluten free, it was while I was pregnant with my son, I started itching all over, for hours and couldn't figure out what it was.

I just went through this last night...I was glutened on Sunday (my mother in law) and I had such crazy itching on my neck and back, with no rash.

I've wondered about this also. My daughter had a rash on her bottom that was really itchy and lasted for a few months and then went away but she has continued to itch at it even though the rash is gone. Can you do a biopsy if there is no rash, only itchy skin?

My daughter also gets very itchy on her back but has no rash.

I also developed rashless itching on my shoulders after quitting gluten. In my case it was from soy - I was eating gluten free substitute foods that contained a lot of soy, I found out.

I get that as well. It's usually just on the front of my calves and there are some tiny bumps at times as well. After being diagnosed with Celiac I thought possibly I had DH as well, but Dr. said the rash would be very visible with DH. I cut out some of the processed gluten-free foods I was eating on a regular basis and that seems to have helped.

Could the itching be unrelated to celiac? I get itchy from dry skin and from certain products. I itch like mad if I use sented/colored laundry detergent or scented fabric softner sheets. I have to use dye/fragrance free laundry stuff or I will itch until I drive myself insane. I also get contact dermatitis from certain female toiletries as well.