ali_squidz

New To This- Calorie Issues

Rate this topic

Hey y'all,

I am new to this gluten free (and also dairy free) diet. I have really been struggling to get the calories I need to survive. I am trying to lose weight and have lost 15 lbs in about 2 months. I passed out last week at the gym from not enough calories I think. I freaked and went the other way now, throwing calories at it. I have started to add junk food in that is still within my diet restrictions. Brownies, cookies, soy ice cream, etc. Since I started adding in the junk food, I have gained a pound. I feel like I am on a yo yo diet and it scares me. Does anyone else have these issues? I think it's such a drastic change that I am trying to find my happy place. I record everything on www.sparkpeople.com but when I am in the goals they recommend, I either pass out or gain weight. It's just a yo yo mess. :-(

are you eating enough fat and protein?? i have to have meat either by breakfast or by lunch- if i only have fruits/carbs for bfast and lunch... and i dont have any meat till dinner- i get hypoglycemic.. my sugar drops so bad, i get shaky & feel faint.

if you're trying to NOT lose weight- i would add rice to every meal. it just sticks about 5 lbs on u. rice (if you digest it ok)-> rice is a good way to eat healthy and not get too skinny or fat. in my experience at least.

do get your healthy fats & proteins in, it will help keep you steady. and double check to see if you can digest butter- some lactose intolerant people CAN do butter-

butter, ghee, evoo, avacado, nuts, nut butters, oily fish, eggs, lean beef, turkey... these are all nutritious & satisfying. try to add fats & proteins to most of your meals.

are you eating enough fat and protein?? i have to have meat either by breakfast or by lunch- if i only have fruits/carbs for bfast and lunch... and i dont have any meat till dinner- i get hypoglycemic.. my sugar drops so bad, i get shaky & feel faint.

if you're trying to NOT lose weight- i would add rice to every meal. it just sticks about 5 lbs on u. rice (if you digest it ok)-> rice is a good way to eat healthy and not get too skinny or fat. in my experience at least.

do get your healthy fats & proteins in, it will help keep you steady. and double check to see if you can digest butter- some lactose intolerant people CAN do butter-

butter, ghee, evoo, avacado, nuts, nut butters, oily fish, eggs, lean beef, turkey... these are all nutritious & satisfying. try to add fats & proteins to most of your meals.

I have this problem. I am trying to lose weight because I am short look heavy. I am 5'2 at 133 pounds and I have a swollen stomach so it sticks out a lot. I also have P.O.T.S. which means my body needs salt or I will pass out. It is the opposite of what you are always told which is salt is bad for you, for me with out it I have a hard time with everyday things such as standing. I would say maybe look in to that or low sugar levels. Hope you are feeling better soon :]

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I have to have some protein or some cheese at breakfast or by lunchtime I'm light-headed from low blood sugar. Fats and protein will keep your blood sugar steady. Rich food like nuts or nut butters, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, avocado or olives will fill you up, provide needed calories and healthy oils.

I agree with what they said. I also eat way more than the recommended daily calories and am thin. Eating lots of fats and protein is key to having energy and feeling full. The stories about fat being bad for you are not true. Fat from CAFO animals is bad and transfats are bad but naturally saturated fats (listed above and from pastured animals are important.