Googles

Lactose Intollerance?

Rate this topic

I have been having other gut issues (diarrhea for three weeks, intermittent vomiting, nausea.) I went to the doctor and they took blood and stool samples. But everything they tested for (not sure what it all was) was negative. I was thinking it might be related to dairy. Is there a test for lactose intolerance? I think I remember them doing a blood test for it when they first tested me for celiac. Ugh. I hate being sick.

I have been having other gut issues (diarrhea for three weeks, intermittent vomiting, nausea.) I went to the doctor and they took blood and stool samples. But everything they tested for (not sure what it all was) was negative. I was thinking it might be related to dairy. Is there a test for lactose intolerance? I think I remember them doing a blood test for it when they first tested me for celiac. Ugh. I hate being sick.

I am sorry you are feeling so bad again.

It is a good idea to get copies of all your test results from your doctor's office; that way you know what they tested for and what the results were.

I am not sure how long you have been gluten free, but most of find that we are intolerant of lactose at first. Why don't you just try cutting it out and see if it helps? You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain, and your doctor has already tested you for things he thought it might be.

Try Lactaid milk. If I don't use Lactiad milk and use regular, I get really sick. Lactaid milk is a life saver for me.

Thanks.

I will be gluten free for two years in June. I just don't know what is up and this has lasted way too long. I had the tests run this week, so I haven't had time to get the results in paper form yet (I called in to find out what the results are). I am going to have another appointment on Tuesday (probably). I really need to figure out what this is since I am starting to have weakness and muscle aches from not eating enough (nausea or not hungry most of the day). I will not eat any more dairy for a while, see if that helps.