kdickinson

General Surgeon Or Gi?

Rate this topic

Ok so I've got a delemma. There is a gen surgeon here in town that does endoscopies and such, and I can get in with him on Thursday. The closest GI is an hour 15 away and is booked up till next Tuesday, and I just wanna get this junk over with(I have a post in the prediagnosis forum if ya wanna see what I'm talkin about). do any of y'all have experience with general surgeons? And if so, how was it? I want to stay in town cuz of convenience, but I want a doc that understands his stuff. All thoughts are welcome.

Ok so I've got a delemma. There is a gen surgeon here in town that does endoscopies and such, and I can get in with him on Thursday. The closest GI is an hour 15 away and is booked up till next Tuesday, and I just wanna get this junk over with(I have a post in the prediagnosis forum if ya wanna see what I'm talkin about). do any of y'all have experience with general surgeons? And if so, how was it? I want to stay in town cuz of convenience, but I want a doc that understands his stuff. All thoughts are welcome.

Have you asked him what he would do? Number of biopsies? Will he biopsy even if the intestine looks Ok? Will he just do one because you ask? Or did you have another doc refer you for one?

These might give you some idea if he knows what he is doing.