Dellers

Just Thought I Would Update About My Trip To The Usa

Rate this topic

Some of you might have seen before I went on my holidays that I was in a panic about things eg food and getting to toilets. I am very happy to say everything went perfect on holidays. I only touched the Imodium once !

I never thought of checking the bottle of drink that I get here in the UK as it is gluten-free here so I had a reaction to it in the USA and sure enough it had malt in it! I felt terrible but I promised the kids we would go to Disney World,I got as far as the car park and spend and hour and a half in the bathrooms before we turned around and went back to the villa.

The restaurants over there were fantastic !!!! outback steak house the best.We brought a lot of food things home with us. I found some cookies that I love !!!! I saw my dietitian today but he could not interpret my DNA results but it looks like I have one gene but not the other ...?? if anyone could shed any light on this it would be great.

Some of you might have seen before I went on my holidays that I was in a panic about things eg food and getting to toilets. I am very happy to say everything went perfect on holidays. I only touched the Imodium once !

I never thought of checking the bottle of drink that I get here in the UK as it is gluten-free here so I had a reaction to it in the USA and sure enough it had malt in it!

What was the drink?

What was the drink?

Hi it was smirnoff ice the mixed drink. In the UK it is ok but not in the USA. I found online it said it contained malt the bottle in tiny white text had "malted beverage drink " so tiny didnt even notice it on the label .

Hi it was smirnoff ice the mixed drink. In the UK it is ok but not in the USA. I found online it said it contained malt the bottle in tiny white text had "malted beverage drink " so tiny didnt even notice it on the label .

Thanks for the warning. A lot of these flavored alcohol drinks have malt.

Glad to know we aren't so scary after all :)

In the U.S. pretty much all of those type drinks are malted. Same with wine coolers. You have to assume they have barley.

richard

Congrats on surviving the United States ! B)

What does it say on the gene test ?

I know nothing about the gene testing...sorry.

I'm so glad you had a good time in the USA with only one gluten incident! I have not eaten at Outback steakhouse since I was diagnosed. I might have to try them sometime since you liked it so much.

What were these outstanding cookies you spoke of??? Inquiring minds want to know and buy/try them.

Were Americans nice and friendly towards you and your family?