kdprouty

What To Do For Dh Of The Scalp?

Rate this topic

I've recently been diagnosed with DH. I have a lot of breakouts on my scalp which are sore, itch and burn. Does anyone have a solution to help with the scalp breakout? Is there a solution or cream that you can use on your scalp? Any information would be appreciated.

I would use Bactine Spray...it has benzocaine which helps take the sting out, but only for a little while. I hope it gets better and you heal fast.

My scalp breakout appeared as the earlier DH symptoms were beginning to abate, so may be something else.

I haven't found any all round solutions. I've tried a variety of things and they all work a little bit to relieve symptoms, and none of them seem to cure it, unsurprisingly. Their main value seems to be to keep the skin from drying out, and helping me stop stratching.

My strategy has been to buy a several different creams, salves, etc and use them as they seem appropriate.

Perhaps a no brainer, but aside from being strictly gluten free, minimising iodine, avoiding stress, getting a good night's sleep, avoiding strong sunlight, all seem to cause improvements.

My scalp breakout appeared as the earlier DH symptoms were beginning to abate, so may be something else.

I haven't found any all round solutions. I've tried a variety of things and they all work a little bit to relieve symptoms, and none of them seem to cure it, unsurprisingly. Their main value seems to be to keep the skin from drying out, and helping me stop stratching.

My strategy has been to buy a several different creams, salves, etc and use them as they seem appropriate.

Perhaps a no brainer, but aside from being strictly gluten free, minimising iodine, avoiding stress, getting a good night's sleep, avoiding strong sunlight, all seem to cause improvements.

could you name some of the creams that you have used. I have no idea where to start? Thanks.

Make sure you are checking your shampoos and conditioners to be sure they don't contain gluten ingredients. I never found anything that would help with the sores other than being very strict with the diet and avoiding iodine and gluten containing topicals. If your lesions are extremely bad your doctor may be able to give you a short course of prednisone to help until the diet calms down the antibodies.

I have severe DH on my scalp, and i use cocunut oil, it seems to make it feel a little better.

Are you all sure this is DH and not something like psoriasis?

richard