ilikepie

Exhausted From Environment?

Rate this topic

I wasn't sure where to post this topic...and I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I have for the past three years.

I go to the University of Oregon and when I am in the music building ALL day, I end up feeling super exhausted, can't think clearly, and have a headache, as if I haven't eaten all day. If I am on campus all day, but have classes in other buildings, I don't feel this way. It's only when I am in the music building for 5-12 hours. I eat the same things that I would if I was at home (since I bring my food from home) and I eat the same amount. There was some construction as they added about 50% more to the building three years ago. I would have these "episodes" when I went into the new classrooms, where I would feel super faint and start to black-out, or get really panicky and have shallow breathing and sweating. (Although, three years ago I also ate foods that I now know cause problems for me, so it could have just been a really random coincidence).

Could it be this building? New(ish) materials?

I've worked in retail stores for long hours within the last few years and never felt this way. I painted the interior of our house last year and our house doesn't make me feel this way.

I guess I'm mostly curious if anyone else has ever felt/feels this way.

Apparently sanded drywall will contain gluten particles, but three years would be an awful long time for them to linger unless nobody cleaned up properly after it was done :o

Is the lighting different? The new grocery used to give me migrane headaches. They had different light and I think that was it. I know others who shop there with their sunglasses on.

Some places cause my ears to pop or ring. Maybe from the ventilation.

I wasn't sure where to post this topic...and I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I have for the past three years.

I go to the University of Oregon and when I am in the music building ALL day, I end up feeling super exhausted, can't think clearly, and have a headache, as if I haven't eaten all day. If I am on campus all day, but have classes in other buildings, I don't feel this way. It's only when I am in the music building for 5-12 hours. I eat the same things that I would if I was at home (since I bring my food from home) and I eat the same amount. There was some construction as they added about 50% more to the building three years ago. I would have these "episodes" when I went into the new classrooms, where I would feel super faint and start to black-out, or get really panicky and have shallow breathing and sweating. (Although, three years ago I also ate foods that I now know cause problems for me, so it could have just been a really random coincidence).

Could it be this building? New(ish) materials?

I've worked in retail stores for long hours within the last few years and never felt this way. I painted the interior of our house last year and our house doesn't make me feel this way.

I guess I'm mostly curious if anyone else has ever felt/feels this way.

I worked in a "sick" building once and everyone felt this way. It doesn't have to be an old building to be a "sick" building. Are you the only person who feels like this when working in this environment?