2johndeereboys

New Here & Not For Sure Yet..........

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! My name is Lisa, I am 37 yrs old and I really believe I have Celiac Disease! I have been tested (5/11) but I am waiting on the results. today I got a call from the clinic and they told me that my Vit D was really low. Besides the Vit D deficiency I have had chronic diarrhea for the past 9 months,bloating, fatigue & indigestion.

I am a bit nervous about going gluten free. But of course I am willing to do whatever it takes to feel better.

Well I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself you know just incase my test comes back positive! Which I really think it will!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Lisa

:D

Welcome, Lisa! Going gluten-free isn't as difficult as it sounds. It takes a bit of time to learn...you'll probably be eating a lot of the things you do now. Think fresh veggies, fruit, meat and fish, etc. So really shopping the outer rim of the store makes it a lot easier when you start. Make sure you get a copy of your lab work when the results are in. And, of course, come here and ask all the questions you want. We were all new to this at some time.

I was also vitamin D deficient so it's really quite common.

Hi Lisa, nice to meet you.

Welcome :D

Hi Lisa, Welcome to the forums. Keep in mind that your tests could come back negative but you can still react to gluten, this is known as non celiac gluten intolerance.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am sure ya'll will be tired of me asking so many questions!! :P Will be sure and let ya'll know when my results come back! I know that my blood had to be sent off but it's been 3 working days so I am hoping to hear anyday now!!!

Thanks again everyone!!

Lisa

:D