waterlily_

Pancake Mix Recommendation

Rate this topic

I just wanted to share a pancake mix I found that I like. It's Maple Grove Farms Pancake & Waffle mix.

Here's what I think about it, It has an odd flavor, to me it tastes like licorice (which I hate btw) but it's not so bad that it makes them inedible if you put jelly or chocolate chips & syrup on them. I just thought I'd point that out. Since it's just me eating them I can get six meals out of one small batch. For some reason I always need to add A LOT more water than it calls for to make it thin enough to pour, so that there makes more batter so it stretches farther. They cook up really well, almost like wheat pancakes. Which I'm really happy about because I've been trying to find the perfect recipe for over a year. :P

So yeah, this is a very good mix and I totally recommend it! :]

I'm not sure where to buy this though, as it was given to me by a friend. I'll have to check out my HFS and the like when I go out later this week. But I found it on amazon if someone wants to check out the price.

I saw this yesterday at my store! I wish I would have gotten it now. Thanks for the tip! I always buy their syrup.

I saw this yesterday at my store! I wish I would have gotten it now. Thanks for the tip! I always buy their syrup.

You're welcome! :] How much does their syrup run? Everything I find is way too expensive for me. :P

We loved the Pamela's pancake and baking mix!

Then we had more food allergies in the house and switched to Cherrybrook Farms. (egg free, can be dairy free) They taste very light and sweet and because the egg free is replaced by a chemicl reaction of sorts the batter constantly changes and you should be ready to add more liquid.

Allie's 123 Gluten-Free Buckwheat are also quite delicious. Especially with cinnamon, ground flaxseeds/nuts, and apple!

We use Pamelas. Usually add a little more water then recommended so the pancakes aren't so thick and cook on a hot pan. They taste great!