This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I'm Giving Up Soy!

CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip Community Regular

So, last week I had two pain free days!!! It was amazing to finally feel human! I stopped to think WHAT did I do differently??! All I could come up with is I didn't use my lip balm (Burts Bees) and a different eye pencil those days. My food had not changed. I stopped using both and I've had some good days. The balm has soy in it and some products I was eating (not often) included soy. I stopped all soy and my bloating is better everyday. The bloat got better after giving up corn, but not totally gone.

I'm kinda sad to see this go as well, but I am so happy to be free of pain! I have been in some type of pain everyday for 18 months, I feel like I have finally figured it all out!...for now ;)

Ladies that are soy free, any suggestions on replacing my lip balm and glosses. My new pretty pink lipgloss has vitamin E derived from soy. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

annegirl Explorer

Check out Gluten Free Savonnerie's stuff. I got their shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, bar soap, lotion and lip balm. It's corn free, soy free, gluten free, dairy free.....among others. I will warn you that the lip balm is very bland and I don't quite care for the "taste" but I prefer it to being sick!

Welcome to the soy free club. Really, it's for the best. Soy is baaaaaad for you. :) And in my opinion way easier to cut out than corn. >rolls eyes<

By the way, mayonnaise is way easy to make with a blender (I couldn't find a mayo without soy in it) and I honestly can't think of anything else that I "miss" that has soy.

WinterSong Community Regular

Congratulations on finding a solution! I'm happy for you that you're feeling better :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Soy is nasty stuff. Glad you figured it out. :)

rgarton Contributor

Yeah I soon realised my favourite lip balm from MAC has soy and traces of gluten in it and it was making me so ill! Within hours, I thought it was kinda a myth about make up and stuff but obviously not!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Thanks! I feel like I should have tried this sooner!

mushroom Proficient

Yeah, if gluten is the root of all evil, soy is pretty hot on its heels!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Debbie B in MD Explorer

As my muscles burn from the soy-filled chocolate I had yesterday that I know I shouldn't have had, I am with you. Good luck!!!!! SOy free from now on. I just have to remember to check everything for that.

collgwg Contributor

im with you on that one soy is out of my house

i just made a stir fry that i made with some gluten free chicken soup mix powder not thinking to check the ingred i made it and ate a bowl of this mixture i made up it is really good BUT i took to coughing and got a rash in my throat and now my mouth is all tingly and my neck is swelling soy is evil to me now

now how in the heck to i make food taste good with out the help from chicken flavoring and beef flavoring this is going to be interesting

Debbie B in MD Explorer

i just made a stir fry that i made with some gluten free chicken soup mix powder not thinking to check the ingred i made it and ate a bowl of this mixture i made up it is really good BUT i took to coughing and got a rash in my throat and now my mouth is all tingly and my neck is swelling soy is evil to me now

now how in the heck to i make food taste good with out the help from chicken flavoring and beef flavoring this is going to be interesting

Are you okay? This sounds like an allergic reaction. Have you taken any Benedryl or called the doctor??? Let us know what happens.

mushroom Proficient

There is stock and stock cubes out there that are gluten and soy free. Pacific Brands is one brand. Or you can make your own and freeze it (you can make it strong and put it in the ice cube tray) :D

collgwg Contributor

im doing ok i took antihistamine

my ears hurt and my neck hurt and i cant talk my vocals are messed up i have a headake

i have a dr apt on the 30th ill just have to be extra careful what i eat wow this is awful i have never in my life been so allergic to soy before i just dont understand it

im so tired of telling family i dont know why i cant eat gluten i dont know why i cant eat soy but apparentally my body cant stand it

i suppose its not a bad thing im being forced to eat as healthy as possible lol

thanks for your consern it sure is nice to have support

Archived