GFreeMO

Periods, Whats The Connection

Rate this topic

Does anyone else have the big D during their period? It seems like I am either going going going regular several times a day or I get the big D during my period. It kind of feels like glutening symptoms with bloating, gas and D but it isn't. What gives?

Does anyone else have the big D during their period? It seems like I am either going going going regular several times a day or I get the big D during my period. It kind of feels like glutening symptoms with bloating, gas and D but it isn't. What gives?

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm gonna chime right in. I have experienced the same problem and thought, I was alone with this. Now why is that?

Hormones. The same ones that cause your uterus to contract and relax affect your intestines. It's not uncommon.

I've noticed this too and also thought I was alone. One thing I've learned from this forum...when you are having any kind of symptom of anything...you are pretty much never alone...comforting isn't it?

Yes, that is very comforting indeed! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I always assumed it was the same hormones that tell your body to empty before going into labor. I have the opposite problem, I tend not to go the week before and have to be diligent about my diet (no corn, cereal ect.) that week. So right when I'm carbo craving I have to cut back or use laxatives.