MNMAC

Milk Back Into My Diet?

Rate this topic

After starting the gluten-free diet a few months ago and not seeing any immediate changes, I stopped drinking milk and avoided dairy. Now a few months later I feel much better, but looking back maybe I should have given the new diet more time to work before eliminating the dairy products. The cost of lactose free milk is very $$, I don't realy have alot of extra money to spend and I could go for a cold glass of 2% milk. How would any of you introduce it back to your stomach without any problems? Or is this just a bad idea this early into my diet? Thanks for any help.

Whenever I drink a glass, it dosen't hit me until the next day. Sometimes I get the D, and bloating, or stomach aches or rumbles and I get depression really bad that lasts for 2 to 3 days.

Maybe 1 day i'll be able to drink it but not yet. All I can say is try it and see what happens.

I would try it first in something like a capucchino or a latte.....

Does your insurance cover the test for lactose intolerance?

Does your insurance cover the test for lactose intolerance?

no, but I want to thank everyone for your responses, it was probably a stupid question but I am still abit paranoid about what goes in my body. I think I will try it first with a small bowl of cerial, thanks again

Mike