This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Numbness In Hands

shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf Proficient

Well, numbness in my hands is/are back. Ugh, i don't know what i did, but i think i got into something i shouldn't have. I think it was the bacon grandma made this morning :(

After going gluten free it went away, now its back.... grrrr....

Do you guys know of anyway i could make it go away quicker? Its not hurting me or anything, just very very annoying. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tictax707 Apprentice

is it your fingertips or your whole hand? is it constant? (like no break over a span of days...)

shadowicewolf Proficient

is it your fingertips or your whole hand? is it constant? (like no break over a span of days...)

Its in part of my hands, mostly my pinky finger and the one next to it (on both hands). It started about 3 or so hours ago and is just now starting to let up (meaning that it isn't as bad as it was before but its still there).

Looking for answers Contributor

I get that when my magnesium levels are low. I take Calm at night before bed when it happens and for a few days and it usually will clear it up.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Its almost gone now. Huh. That was weird. Before going gluten free it did it pretty much nonstop for several days on end.

rdunbar Explorer

I'm willing to say that the numbness and tingling in my right arm/ hand is the symptom that i've had the most improvement with being gluten free. and it is one of the more startling ones. I had it for years.

when i get glutened, it does'nt come back as strong as the achy hip, the mood problems, the DH (skin), the gut pain, the loss of balance,ect... ect... ect... either.

NoodleUnit Apprentice

Odd that you should post this. I've just discovered that I'm almost certainly Celiac and had some big scary neurological symptoms which for a while were thought to be Multiple Sclerosis. I'm all clear on that front thankfully. The one symptom that always comes back if I accidentally eat gluten is numbness, tingling and burning down my right side. Used to be mainly in my leg, down my right pinky and in the back of my right eye ( it actually at it's worst caused nystagmus - an involuntary vibration of that eye ).

I've just this last couple of days, felt it return. My leg is burning and so is the top of my foot. Like you it's not *really* bothering me because I'm used to it, but I can't for the life of me think what triggered it as I've been in good form for a while now. I've had two new things in my diet this weekend - gluten free beer ( please don't let it be that! ) and I've been perfecting the ideal gluten-free cheese scone. The only thing I can think of is the cheese in the scone, I used goat's milk for the dough ( which I'm fine with normally ) but I did use cow's milk cheddar.

I think that's the worst thing now, I don't really know what other foods I need to avoid until I heal up properly. I seem to fall foul of something or other on a monthly basis. Generally only takes a few days to clear up though. Oh well, back to the water, green tea and fruit :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

Glad to see i'm not alone. It freaked me out at first, but now that i know what it is, not so much :)

Looking for answers Contributor

Glad it cleared up. :)

Archived