Austin Guy

Fear Of Heights

Rate this topic

About 3 years ago I was at a park where we went to the edge of a cliff to look over at rock climbers. I immediately felt like I was going to fall down. I felt like my head was going to spin and I was going to lose my balance. I have had an intense fear of heights since. As a younger person I used to skydive, climb trees, boulders, etc. I went gluten free and that fear is suddenly gone. Seems related to me, but it makes no sense. Anyone else experience this?

Seems related to me. In the books I've read so far, anxiety is linked to celiac.

Good for you!

Anxiety and balance issues, too. Both seem to be improving for me. I haven't tried going out on a boat, for example, though......that would be a big test. I never used to get seasick, but last year, when I was the sickest, I probably would have.

Makes so much sense to me that this would be a symptom, i.e., anxiety, panic attacks, altered brain response. I've always been a fairly confident person but I went through a phase where I was apprehensive of everything before stumbling on the gluten connection. You're on the right path.

Not fear of heights, but yes to both anxiety and balance issues. Both are getting better. Before gluten-free I was having a hard time riding in the car (anxious) and I was prone to walking into walls from time to time :lol:

So, yeah... I could see that connection.

Thanks for all responses. It is amazing what I am learning in here. GI doc ordered Celiac blood tests yesterday and says I am a good candidate based on symptoms. Looks like I'll be in here a lot.