sharps45

Muffin Problems

Rate this topic

How do you make muffins where the blueberries or chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom?

I love the King Arthur Flour muffin mix, but thick as it is, everything settles out.

Please help!

How do you make muffins where the blueberries or chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom?

I love the King Arthur Flour muffin mix, but thick as it is, everything settles out.

Please help!

I haven't used KA muffin mix but have read to use the tiny wild blueberries (I bought some frozen Wyman's of Maine wild blueberies at Wal-Mart). I would suggest using mini chocolate chips...or chop up the larger ones. Hopefully that will help.

Coat the blueberries or chocolate chips with a little of the flour mix in a separate bowl before adding them to the muffin mixture and also fold them in gently don't mix hard. :)

Coat the blueberries or chocolate chips with a little of the flour mix in a separate bowl before adding them to the muffin mixture and also fold them in gently don't mix hard. :)

Judy is correct. It's actually the same process for gluten free as for wheat based flours. It works very well. I bet the wild blueberries would be nice in muffins as well.

Gosh, I hope I HAVE blueberries this summer. Last summer, not enough to even make blueberry muffins.

I concur with the previous two posts. That should work for ya, I would think.

Or put the dough batter in the cups/pan first and top dress the blueberries or chips, and they sink in. That is what you are supposed to do with pancakes, anyway.

Thanks for the tips! I knew someone here would have the answer.

Now where's the muffin mix...