maximoo

Need Fluffy Biscuits

Rate this topic

I'm feeling brave, and want to try to make biscuits. I bought biscuit cutters but am afraid to use the bisquick gluten-free mix b/c of how crumbly the cookies came out.

Has anybody ever made biscuits with it? If so were they dry?

Is there anything I can add to the mix that will make them light & fluffy?

I also have Pamela's mix which I haven't tried yet? Would it be a better choice for biscuits?

I haven't used it for biscuits since it would make way too many for me and I think they're really better fresh from the oven.

Is there any way you can cut the recipe down to a smaller size to test it? I know, 3 eggs are a bit difficult to divide but it can be done and probably a PIA.

I have a box of cookie mix sitting out but after reading reviews, I found a recipe to doctor it up, which should make them more moist. Guess I'll find out one way or the other. :o

I've made biscuits from scratch before and they were awesome. I haven't tried Gluten Free Bisquick.

GLUTEN-FREE BISCUITS

2 CUP RICE FLOUR

4 TSP BAKING POWDER

Awesome! Thank you so much!

We have made biscuits with the gluten-free Bisquick and Pamelas. I love Pamelas for a lot of things, but prefer the gluten-free Bisquick for Biscuits. They are different than the old gluten filled biscuits, but we really like them. Especially when I'm splurging on calories and need a comfort meal and we make biscuts and gravey! Try them! You might be surprised!

Just a note...they are much better fresh. My kids don't mind them the next day warmed up, but they are better hot out of the oven

Well when I used to buy pillsbury frozen biscuits they were just the frozen dough you had to put in the oven so I am thinking to freeze the dough & then bake a few as needed. Has anyone tried to do this? and if so were the biscuits fresh tasting?