Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nik95670

Gluten Withdrawal?

Do any of you have experiences with gluten withdrawal? I've been gluten free for two days but I feel terrible. Extreme exhaustion & still ha ing cramps & diarrhea. A little queasy as well. I am wondering if gluten withdrawal is legitimate and how long I need to stick with this before I feel better. I'm feeling kinda helpless at the moment. Oh, also, since I went gluten free my stomach has been rumbling incredibly loudly & almost constantly growling whether I've eaten or not. I dont know whether to attribute that to gluten withdrawal or the diarrhea that I'm still having. It feels similar to ulcer pain.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Withdrawl can take a couple of weeks to get through. You do need to be strict with the diet and remove CC issues from your home. You need a new dedicated toaster for your gluten-free breads, a new strainer for pasta and do replace wooden utensils and cutting boards. Go with as much whole unprocessed foods as you can and if you are not used to eating a lot of fresh fruit and veggies do cook them to make them easier to digest.

I hope your feeling better soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)