mommyto2kids

Is There A Candy List Posted On Line Of Safe Candy?

Rate this topic

Please list the address. Thanks so much. I really do need to have this.

To my knowledge there isn't one hun :< you may have to just do the reasearch yourself... HOWEVER! There is a book called gluten free product list 2010/2011 or something to that degree that lists all of the reasearched products that do not have gluten (it was made by a couple who got sick of calling and calling so they created a book of it for others to use as well)

If you put the name of the candy or maker that you want to know about into a search engine with the words gluten free many times the companies gluten free listing will be easily found. Be sure to read the entire page as some companies will have large lists and then at the bottom will mention CC risks.

Lists are nice but they are out of date the minute they are published and companies can change formulations. I always call the company themselves. Sometimes with a phone call I not only get an answer to the gluten statis but also some companies will send out their current lists snail mail with coupons.

Most ,if not, all hard candys have corn(corn syrup)

Most chocolate candys have soy

The biggest problem I have found with hard candys is CC ( made on shared lines)

Candy lists are usually outdated as soon as they're published. I would suggest you google Gluten-Free Candy and you'll come up with a starting point to check out further. Many times these lists are updated near holidays so I suspect the next new list will be for Halloween candy.

Here are a couple for you to check out (cautiously as ingredients may have changed).

Halloween Candy 2010

Valentine Candy 2011

Our fail safe candy when all else fails is starburst and skittles. They both say gluten free on the package. Jelly belly jelly beans says gluten free on the package also (last time I checked anyway). Tootsie products are gluten free..they have info on their website. We have never had a problem with the afformentioned brands. My youngest son is not a big chocolate fan so he tends to like the hard candies and other types like the ones I listed. When in doubt I just call the company.