shadowicewolf

Gallbladder

Rate this topic

It had abrasions on it (or i think thats what they said, i was so drugged at the time i couldn't tell)? The inturn that was "assisting" my main surgon said it looked really sick and i was wondering, can Celiac reek havic with your gallbladder to make it sick?

Another question, I've been restricted to an all liquid diet today (was vomiting like mad earilier, called nurse and she suggested this). Any ideas on to what i should try and eat tommorow? I was able to handle rice and applesauce last night, but yeah it came back up today (and also messing up my vocal cords leaving me unable to speak).

(sorry if this doesn't read right, i still can't see very well due to the goup they put in my eyes yesterday)

It had abrasions on it (or i think thats what they said, i was so drugged at the time i couldn't tell)? The inturn that was "assisting" my main surgon said it looked really sick and i was wondering, can Celiac reek havic with your gallbladder to make it sick?

Another question, I've been restricted to an all liquid diet today (was vomiting like mad earilier, called nurse and she suggested this). Any ideas on to what i should try and eat tommorow? I was able to handle rice and applesauce last night, but yeah it came back up today (and also messing up my vocal cords leaving me unable to speak).

(sorry if this doesn't read right, i still can't see very well due to the goup they put in my eyes yesterday)

I had my gallbladder out earlier this summer. The first day I threw up a lot but it slowed down the 2nd day and was completely gone by the third. I didn't feel too hungry the first few days, when I did eat it was peanut butter toast (Udi's). I'm sort of doubting celiac causing gall bladder problems, only because it seems gall bladder problems are so common with the general public that it's not surprising it's common within the celiac community as well. I know a lot of people who've had gall bladder surgery and do not have celiac.

Was your gb removed?

I've had terrible gb pain, but I lucked out with my recent gluten freedom. My mom, who I really think can't have gluten either, had hers removed a couple years ago, the doctors saying it was basically dead inside her. I'll always wonder if it was caused by gluten.

I hope you feel better!

There are many of us who have had gall bladder issues. Since the antibodies can attack any organ I wouldn't be surprised if undiagnosed celiac might have something to do with it but I can't be sure.

I hope you recover from the surgery quickly.

I had a gallbladder-like stinging pain when I ate gluten before going gluten-free. It was one of my main symptoms. My Dr did an ultrasound and said there was nothing wrong with it!

I still get stinging from time to time. IMO the celiac disease does something to it..but I dunno?

Wishing you a speeedy recovery. Throwing up after having surgery is miserable! :(

Do you think the doctor could have said adhesions? My gallbladder was so swollen it had been pressing up into my liver and causing adhesions which is scar tissue linking the two organs together.

Had mine out in Dec '10. It was a battle for a month to get somewhat normal again.

I've heard people say it takes months or years to feel right.

I wish I could say something more positive. But I've suffered from pains, 'D', nausea, etc... but it has gotten

progressively better each day slowly. and gluten-free and dairy free will certainly help.

I had a really good GI doctor explain to me that even in people that don't have Celiac or gluten intolerance its still hard to digest.

Try staying away from anything fatty for a while and no grease. That seemed to help me.

Also, when I had mine out the surgeon side that my bile duct was malformed, like a birth defect.