Sam81

Any Dr Experienced In Celiac Dh In The Uk?

Rate this topic

I'm undergoing investigation for celiac (althoug Dr is reluctant) and wont even entertain the possibility that it could be DH. I have posted pictures in the DH section and would be greatful if any Dr could have a look at them? I was diagnosed with behcets at 16 and put on dapsone. Since being off dapsone for 2 years I have had symptoms that seem more celiac orientated than Behcets. I have suffered with abdominal pain all my life, extra gassy, tiredness, fatigue, irritability, mood swings, depression and a struggle to manage weight, nausea and anemia - severe in pregnancy. In the last couple of months and on the odd occasion I forgot to take dapsone I would break out in a rash - it does seem to appear after eating certain foods, this rash used to just be lower legs but now is buttocks and occasionally knees and elbows, slightly different facial rash - more purple in colour and painfull too. Please, if anyone can help I'd be greatful as I keep hitting a dead end with my Dr. He ordered one blood test which he says is negative but won't give me the official levels and has put me through a colonoscopy - which was clear and cheaper than an endoscopy! I am set to see a dermatologist in 3 weeks and a gastro intestinal consultant in october although my Dr assured me they would unlikely do an endoscopy.