jemms

Stomach Fat

Rate this topic

Initially I lost 40 lbs...now I am 220 lbs and need to lose 60 more lbs. I feel that I dont eat much, I have cut out potatoes and corn considerably. I have been active but still my stomach is like a pigs. It drives me crazy and makes me so depressed. I eat a lot of fish, some nuts and fruits and veggies... I know I need to eat more veggies and exercise more. I have never had a problem like this and feel hopeless. Thanks for listening!

I was overweight for years, and then recently I read, "Primal Body, Primal Mind," which changed my whole understanding of nutrition. The weight has been melting off during the past six weeks, and I'm never hungry and or feel deprived. My tummy is completely gone now! This particular diet is great for people with celiac because it eliminates all grains and increases saturated fat, which helps us absorb fat-soluble vitamins. I highly recommend this book. I was feeling like a complete failure--I'd followed all the so-called "experts'" advice to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, no fat in my diet, and concentrate on lowering calories--and those were the "rules" that set me up for failure. I'm soooo much happier now, and I have tons of energy. Please....look into this book--you won't be sorry.

Thank you so much!!! U have given me hope!! I am going to check it out asap. :D :D :D

Yes, Rosetapper23 is absolutely right.

You are going to be amazed if you try Primal eating.

I don't have the book, but you can frequent the websites that advocate this way of eating.

Mark's Daily Apple is absolutely wonderful...full of information and research and dietary suggestions.

Perfect for Celiac's just as she said.

I also go to Caveman Power...it is excellent as well.

Robbwolf.com is another paleolithic site.

It made a huge difference in my recovery and my physical appearance.

I was 200 lbs as a very sick Celiac. I weigh 115 to 120 now with no problem and I eat a LOT!

Give it a month or two and you will see.

They are starting to realize that grains are not good for anyone...not just Celiac's.

It is amazing to read the archives on these sites...plenty of good research and experiences of other's.

Protein makes all the difference.

Meat makes muscle. Even without exercise for me.

So happy!

I have been an attendee and exhibitor at the nation's largest organic trade show for nearly 20 years. I don't remember the presentation, but there have been several presenters over the years who recommend a preservative free diet to combat belly fat. You gave us a sample of what you eat, but there could be some preservatives in the ingredient statement. Try to eat as "clean" as possible and that will bye-bye-belly for you.

I have been an attendee and exhibitor at the nation's largest organic trade show for nearly 20 years. I don't remember the presentation, but there have been several presenters over the years who recommend a preservative free diet to combat belly fat. You gave us a sample of what you eat, but there could be some preservatives in the ingredient statement. Try to eat as "clean" as possible and that will bye-bye-belly for you.

When I've actually lost weight in the past and I'm losing now but not as fast as I have before, this is how I try to eat. I believe that things like "diet" soda have "hidden" calories. Think about it, we were made to survive on little because we had to get our food. What we eat should be burnt by what it would take to acquire and prepare that food. With that in mind, the more close to it's natural source a food is, the less calories it SHOULD be. Calories are innaccurate. Sugar is low calorie but it turns into fat as soon as it hits our body.

When I've actually lost weight in the past and I'm losing now but not as fast as I have before, this is how I try to eat. I believe that things like "diet" soda have "hidden" calories. Think about it, we were made to survive on little because we had to get our food. What we eat should be burnt by what it would take to acquire and prepare that food. With that in mind, the more close to it's natural source a food is, the less calories it SHOULD be. Calories are innaccurate. Sugar is low calorie but it turns into fat as soon as it hits our body.

Smart way to look at it. And, I know we learned this very early in school... but the more fresh produce the better. I know you're going to think that I'm fabricating this, but veggies and fruit taste better after I was diagnosed. I eat it throughout the day.