Nen

Question About Diagnosing And Insurance

Rate this topic

I was thinking about this today. I am in the USA and currently do NOT have health insurance. If I did get testing, and say it came out positive for celiac, will that then be a strike against me if I am able to get health insurance at some point in the future?

I am learning one has to be careful what is put on file, because with insurance companies it can come back to bite later, what with the whole pre-existing thing.

Well, the whole Pre-existing thing is supposed to be minimized or abolished soon; the key "supposed".

Try testing through Enterolab. Most insurance companies won't pay for it, good chance they won't ask them for records. Call and ask.

Maybe if I were to bypass my regular doctor?

That would be nice if in the future pre-existing conditions are not held against us. Heck just about everyone has something pre-existing. It's like a lottery that you win or lose just based on if you so happen to get some illness or not. Sometimes our health system really makes me wonder...

• Upvote 1

Maybe if I were to bypass my regular doctor?

That would be nice if in the future pre-existing conditions are not held against us. Heck just about everyone has something pre-existing. It's like a lottery that you win or lose just based on if you so happen to get some illness or not. Sometimes our health system really makes me wonder...

No doc needed for Enterolab. Order online.