bartfull

Had Fun Yesterday!

Rate this topic

Well, I went to the Gluten Free Festival in Rapid City yesterday. There were over a dozen restaurants represented, and they were all serving gluten free food items. Even with my corn intolerance, I ate enough that the $12 admission was well worth it.

There were mini seminars all day. The one I was most interested in was the talk by the compounding pharmasist. In South Dakota, you must get a precsription to have even OTC medicines like ibuprophen made. But it's worth a doctor's appointment to me, so I'm going to do it.

There was a group making gluten free play doh, and it was great to watch all the kids playing and having fun.

They gave everyone a gift bag filled with coupons, Lara bars, and all kinds of gluten free snacks. Of course, some of them had corn, but I traded with the friend who brought me up there.

One of the best parts was meeting all the other people and sharing our stories and recipe ideas.

Here is a link to a TV spot about it:

http://www.kotatv.com/story/15491939/raising-awareness-for-gluten-intolerance

Well, I went to the Gluten Free Festival in Rapid City yesterday. There were over a dozen restaurants represented, and they were all serving gluten free food items. Even with my corn intolerance, I ate enough that the $12 admission was well worth it.

There were mini seminars all day. The one I was most interested in was the talk by the compounding pharmasist. In South Dakota, you must get a precsription to have even OTC medicines like ibuprophen made. But it's worth a doctor's appointment to me, so I'm going to do it.

There was a group making gluten free play doh, and it was great to watch all the kids playing and having fun.

They gave everyone a gift bag filled with coupons, Lara bars, and all kinds of gluten free snacks. Of course, some of them had corn, but I traded with the friend who brought me up there.

One of the best parts was meeting all the other people and sharing our stories and recipe ideas.

Here is a link to a TV spot about it:

http://www.kotatv.com/story/15491939/raising-awareness-for-gluten-intolerance

Isn't it great to go somewhere that is safe & easy. Where no one looks at you wierd if you say I can't have corn, they just try to help.

Yes, and I also told a lot of folks about this forum. I think we may get a few new folks stopping by. There was one lady I met who has crohn's disease, and was wondering if she had Celiac. It sounds to me like she does. I told her to come here for the best information available.

As a matter of fact, during the question and answer part of the pharmacist's talk, I mentioned this site to the whole crowd. I hope some of them at least, come check it out. THIS is the best support group they could ever hope to find.