librarygirl

Strawberry Pudding

Rate this topic

I have recently been diagnosed as having a wheat intolerance. I ate a cup of strawberry flavored ready to eat Jello brand pudding tonight and had a reaction to it. The label does not say anything that sends up a red flag for me. Has anyone else had a problem with this flavor of pudding?

The pudding should be gluten free as that company is really good about labeling. There are a couple things to keep in mind, one that some of us don't tolerate dairy until we are well healed and the other that gluten reactions are often delayed. So you might be reacting to something you ate earlier in the day or even from a day or two ago. If you are new to the diet if you can go with as much whole unprocessed food as you can that is the best way to go.

I think when you are new - the first 6-8 months for me- your system is so out of whack, it could be anything. One day I ate baby spinach fine, 2 days later, I ate the same spinach and it came out looking like it went in! Waited a week, fine. Then not fine. I don't think it was gluten or even that I have a problem with raw spinach or any of the other things I was eating.

I just think there is some healing that has to be done. That's why most people eliminate or cut back on hard to digest foods like dairy. And stick to simple food.

I think when you are new - the first 6-8 months for me- your system is so out of whack, it could be anything. One day I ate baby spinach fine, 2 days later, I ate the same spinach and it came out looking like it went in! Waited a week, fine. Then not fine. I don't think it was gluten or even that I have a problem with raw spinach or any of the other things I was eating.

I just think there is some healing that has to be done. That's why most people eliminate or cut back on hard to digest foods like dairy. And stick to simple food.

I think part of that is also stress related and what mental state you're in when you're eating. Most people don't realize how much our minds effects our digestive tracts. Although I probably shouldn't have to tell that to anyone here! I know sometimes I forget this fact though.