jswog

Doctors In Tx?

Rate this topic

Can anyone recommend a GOOD doctor in TX: San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Abeline? I live in San Angelo and today had a VERY bad experience with the GI I had been referred to here (more details in my post in the pre-diagnosis forum). We're willing do drive to find a GOOD doctor that actually KNOWS about Celiac Disease and LISTENS to patients and takes them seriously. If anyone has any recommendations/experiences with doctors within a 4 hour radius from here, I'd love to hear about them! Thanks so much!

Can anyone recommend a GOOD doctor in TX: San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Abeline? I live in San Angelo and today had a VERY bad experience with the GI I had been referred to here (more details in my post in the pre-diagnosis forum). We're willing do drive to find a GOOD doctor that actually KNOWS about Celiac Disease and LISTENS to patients and takes them seriously. If anyone has any recommendations/experiences with doctors within a 4 hour radius from here, I'd love to hear about them! Thanks so much!

Hi, I'm not anywhere near TX, but I wanted to suggest if you don't get any answers here, seek out your local gluten-free support group and e-mail them. They usually have liasions with drs that know about celiac disease.

Thank you! I'm actually seeking out groups now. There isn't one near here, but I've scouted out the web sites of one in San Antonio and one in Dallas. I think the one in SA looks promising and I'm going to get ahold of them. My husband and I will be there in November anyway, so we'll stay another day or two if it means getting in with a competent doctor!