Hislamb

Help With Dds Test Interpretation

Rate this topic

I am new to this forum and looking for advice on reading these test results for my 16 yodd. Of course, doctor says she is negative, but wanted to make sure.

Value Reference Range

Anti-Gliadin IgG ELISA (AGA IgG) 9.2 U/ml <16.3 U/ml

Anti-Gliadin IgA ELISA (AGA IgA) 1.5 U/ml <9.3 U/ml

Anti-Human Tissue Transglutaminase IgA ELISA .7 U/ml < 10.3 U/ml

Anti-Endoysial IFA (EMA IgG) Negative Negative

Total Serum IgA by Nephelometry (Total IgA) 154 mg/dl <3 years 8-220 mg/dl-

3-13 years 41-385 mg/dl

>13 years to adult 44-441 mg/dl

She has mostly stomach symptoms that are daily- I guess I am having a hard time interrupting and wondered if anything showed up doesn't that mean there is something going on, even if it is not in the "normal" range?

no one can help me, or refer me to a site that can explain results?

thank you

I am new to this forum and looking for advice on reading these test results for my 16 yodd. Of course, doctor says she is negative, but wanted to make sure.

Value Reference Range

Anti-Gliadin IgG ELISA (AGA IgG) 9.2 U/ml <16.3 U/ml

Anti-Gliadin IgA ELISA (AGA IgA) 1.5 U/ml <9.3 U/ml

Anti-Human Tissue Transglutaminase IgA ELISA .7 U/ml < 10.3 U/ml

Anti-Endoysial IFA (EMA IgG) Negative Negative

Total Serum IgA by Nephelometry (Total IgA) 154 mg/dl <3 years 8-220 mg/dl-

3-13 years 41-385 mg/dl

>13 years to adult 44-441 mg/dl

She has mostly stomach symptoms that are daily- I guess I am having a hard time interrupting and wondered if anything showed up doesn't that mean there is something going on, even if it is not in the "normal" range?

I'm not an expert at explaining tests but those results do appear to be negative. However, your dd can still be gluten intolerant without being celiac. Your next step is to either get your GI dr to do an endoscopy with 8-11 biopsies OR test the gluten-free diet and see if her symptoms go away. If her symptoms go away when gluten-free then you have the answer. Your dr may want to do the endoscopy and a coloscopy however to rule out other diseases. If you plan to go that route she needs to keep eating gluten until the endoscopy with biopsies is done. She can trial the diet right after however and doesn't need to wait for the test results to go gluten-free. I hope you find out what's been makign her sick!