Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BabsV

Good Days & Bad Days -- Is This Normal?

Just checking in. All the suggestions have been helpful. I started the probiotics and they have made a big difference in my gut gurgle. My more detailed food diary has helped pinpoint a couple other things that were causing discomfort (one was gluten-free rice cakes, RICE CAKES?!?!) Still having ups and downs but I'm taking it one day at a time -- actually had two really good days this past week and I went to the movies. Doesn't sound like much but 4 months ago I was basically housebound with an occasional trip to the grocery store that would knock me flat for at least a couple of days.

Tomorrow we leave for Athens -- the one in Greece! I'm still puny but this trip was planned and although the thought of travel rather terrifies me at the moment I decided I could either be puny at home or puny in Athens where it is warmer and sunnier. Not a hard decision. And getting from Poland to Greece isn't as tough as it would be if we were coming from the States. We're staying in an apartment so I'll be able to cook my own food and I'm taking a carry-on bag crammed full of snacks. Wish me luck...

Just checking in. All the suggestions have been helpful. I started the probiotics and they have made a big difference in my gut gurgle. My more detailed food diary has helped pinpoint a couple other things that were causing discomfort (one was gluten-free rice cakes, RICE CAKES?!?!) Still having ups and downs but I'm taking it one day at a time -- actually had two really good days this past week and I went to the movies. Doesn't sound like much but 4 months ago I was basically housebound with an occasional trip to the grocery store that would knock me flat for at least a couple of days.

Tomorrow we leave for Athens -- the one in Greece! I'm still puny but this trip was planned and although the thought of travel rather terrifies me at the moment I decided I could either be puny at home or puny in Athens where it is warmer and sunnier. Not a hard decision. And getting from Poland to Greece isn't as tough as it would be if we were coming from the States. We're staying in an apartment so I'll be able to cook my own food and I'm taking a carry-on bag crammed full of snacks. Wish me luck...

Yeah, I am a big believer in probiotics for gut repair. I was a HUGE burning mess from mouth to you know where...and they did the trick.

LUCK!! and have FUN!!! You may want to look at this guy's website about tips for traveling abroad ---and carry a few cards! Do you speak fluent Greek? If not, these may help.....

http://www.celiactravel.com/cards/

Please, let me know how your trip goes!! :) I am living vicariously through you for now, until I can travel again!! :lol:

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Thank you very much for that info, yes I am awaiting a test but was just looking for some reassurance in the meantime really and to you know if anybody else has similar symptoms. Thank you x
    Welcome! There are over 200 symptoms attributed to celiac disease. Migraines are one of them as celiac disease is systemic (not just gut issues).   The only way to find out is to get tested.  Ask your PCP for a simple blood test: ...
    Yogurt can vary from 4-17 grams of lactose, Milk has 9-14, so it may be slightly less than milk but not by much. I know that shortly after I was DX'd with Celiac I was lactose intolerant for about the first 5-6 months of gluten-free diet....