George Knighton

Are These Symptoms Of Gluten Allergy?

Rate this topic

Went a few days without eating gluten and I have never felt somewhat alive after 20 years of eating gluten. I was able to get most of my chores done the past few days without stopping or resting. Ate some biscotti and sandwich today and I'm back to the old symptoms listed below:

Skin rash (DH me thinks, doctors say its eczema but it doesnt look like it at all)

Lack or inability of concentration

Lazy

Depressed

Not motivated

Have a hard time processing or remembering simple things (locking the door, checking the stove, etc)

Feeling sleepy all the time

Trouble sleeping at night

Tinnitus

Eye floaters

Eye problems (I'm seeing floaters now but I also have this constant after-image effect when I'm trying to read)

Trouble reading

Trouble walking

Mixture of minor and major pulsating headaches

Often tired when waking up even after sleeping successfully after 8-10 hours

Depersonalization (when everything basically feels like a dream)

Already went to the doctor and she said I was definitely allergic to wheat. But sometimes you can have an allergy that doesn't trigger any symptoms at all. I've recently started taking allergy meds for my dust, animal dander,tree,mold and pollen allergies.

I've also checked with my eye doctor and she said my eyes are fine.

My grades have also been slipping in school because I just can't concentrate even in a quiet environment like at the library.

Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder, not an allergy. Most of your symptoms sound like common celiac disease symptoms. If your doctor is an allergist and says that you are allergic to wheat, you should act accordingly. If your doctor isn't an allergist, you should see an allergist. If you want to give up gluten, you have to give up wheat, barley, barley malt, rye and probably oats. It isn't as hard as you would think.

Went a few days without eating gluten and I have never felt somewhat alive after 20 years of eating gluten. I was able to get most of my chores done the past few days without stopping or resting. Ate some biscotti and sandwich today and I'm back to the old symptoms listed below:

Skin rash (DH me thinks, doctors say its eczema but it doesnt look like it at all)

Lack or inability of concentration

Lazy

Depressed

Not motivated

Have a hard time processing or remembering simple things (locking the door, checking the stove, etc)

Feeling sleepy all the time

Trouble sleeping at night

Tinnitus

Eye floaters

Eye problems (I'm seeing floaters now but I also have this constant after-image effect when I'm trying to read)

Trouble reading

Trouble walking

Mixture of minor and major pulsating headaches

Often tired when waking up even after sleeping successfully after 8-10 hours

Depersonalization (when everything basically feels like a dream)

Already went to the doctor and she said I was definitely allergic to wheat. But sometimes you can have an allergy that doesn't trigger any symptoms at all. I've recently started taking allergy meds for my dust, animal dander,tree,mold and pollen allergies.

I've also checked with my eye doctor and she said my eyes are fine.

My grades have also been slipping in school because I just can't concentrate even in a quiet environment like at the library.