pricklypear1971

Welts And Itching Where Hands Hit Restaurant Table

Rate this topic

Ok, earlier this week we went out to eat. Suddenly the side of my pinkie and a spot at my wrist started itching, saw a welt - almost like an ant bite pop up. Figured it was an ant or another bug - although I was the only One itching and we saw no bug.

Last night, went out to eat at another restaurant (yeah, too much eating out but it's not normal so don't worry) - all of a sudden the spot on my wrist swelled up into a welt and started itching (had reduced down to a red dot).

So, we have gluten at home - I wash gluteny bowls, etc. and no welts. Has anyone experienced this before at restaurants? Am I reacting to another food or cleaning solutions on the table???

My husband is threatening to bubble wrap me!!

I used to have this but not very often in recent years. There was a commercial cleaning solution that would do that to me. I think it's not used much anymore.

I react like that to some cleaning solutions as well as bread crumbs, spilled beer... (I try to wear long sleeves when going out :) )

I have found that chemical sensitivities such as yours are usually indicative of an underlying food intolerance still in the diet, the most common among Celiacs being corn, rice and soy. I would suggest you take EnteroLab's rice and corn test. Other than heightened sensitivities to the environment, people usually do not display any other symptoms to the corn and rice intolerance so it usually goes undiagnosed.